Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    slower lower Delaware. And have a cottage on finger lake in upstate NY.
    +1
    I used a valve. As stated above it's much easier to get to and operate on the water than finding a clamp and installing.
    The valve I used is small and compact. Found it on Home Depot's web site, made by rainbird, 1/2" barbed ends.

I put it in mainly for flushing purposes, but it came in handy when I broke down and got towed in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180324_130820253.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	457799  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in DE View Post
    The valve I used is small and compact. Found it on Home Depot's web site, made by rainbird, 1/2" barbed ends.

That valve looks very much like the Antelco ball valve I use. I suspect the same valve is sold under multiple brand names, and not just for ‘irrigation’.

One of the first Antelco valves I found online was sold by a fish aquarium supply web site.

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    I've got one of these in each of my 'Skis. I've used one for more than 2 hours once.

I can't believe there's no place to put it. I've put them in the front storage bin, under the front storage bin, beside the engine, etc. It will fit somewhere.

Also, carry a tow rope! Don't buy the crap they sell in the hardware store, buy GOOD rope. I buy Sta-Set lines in 3/8" - 1/2". Expect to pay about a buck a foot on Ebay (as I write this, there are only long rolls on Ebay. I've purchased 10' - 120' lengths). This stuff has a breaking strength of 5000 - about 8000 pounds. You don't want a cheap line to break and fly back and hit you in the face!
    Believe it! Welcome to the EX Deluxe. I already upgraded to the 2020 waterproof bow storage bag but the paddle is still too long. Got the 2020 stern and hatch bags as well; they're VERY small. There's plenty of empty space in the bow but Yamaha chose to not utilize it. My first PWC, live and learn. The one thing I really would like other than more space is CRUISE CONTROL for tow sports.

I picked 20' of 3/8" nylon dock line for emergencies. I might have grabbed the 1/2" but I think it's 3/8. Space under the seat is also very limited and only so much fits in there.

I will end up installing the valve at some point. I'm just not ready to mod it from stock yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by norcom View Post
    Believe it! Welcome to the EX Deluxe. I already upgraded to the 2020 waterproof bow storage bag but the paddle is still too long. Got the 2020 stern and hatch bags as well; they're VERY small. There's plenty of empty space in the bow but Yamaha chose to not utilize it. My first PWC, live and learn. The one thing I really would like other than more space is CRUISE CONTROL for tow sports.

I picked 20' of 3/8" nylon dock line for emergencies. I might have grabbed the 1/2" but I think it's 3/8. Space under the seat is also very limited and only so much fits in there.

I will end up installing the valve at some point. I'm just not ready to mod it from stock yet.
    Pop the little white plastic rivets holding the front little plastic tub in and throw them away. It has a tab so you can easily pull it when you need and put it back, under that, you have loads of storage. My EX has been like this for 100 hours with no problems. I put all kinds of things in there, some rope, jumper cables. whatever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information