PWCSuperRack or ShorlockAnchors?

Have any of you done a "hands-on" comparison of a rack from PWCSuperRack.com versus a rack from ShorlockAnchors.com? From what I can see, they are both high quality products. From those of you that own one, I would be interested in hearing your opinions of either rack to help me choose the best one for my 2019 RXT-230 Sea-doo with ST3 hull configuration.

From what I have found on the internet, the PWCSuperRack system mounts flush to the rear deck and is attached using turn-buckles. The ShorlockAnchors system has LinQ adapter plate that can be used with the Sea-doo LinQ connectors, therefore it sits slightly off the surface of the rear deck.

Since my 19 Sea-doo has the link connectors built-in, I am leaning towards the Shorlock pwc rack system. But, I am a little concerned about the overall strength of the factory plastic LinQ connectors. Occasionally, I would like to carry three of the 5-gallon SureCans in the rack.

The PWCSuperRack pwc rack system mounts very solidily to the rear deck. I have seen videos where attempts at moving the rack after it is tightened down will shake the entire ski. Super solid mounting design! My concern with this design is that over-time, it will rub/damage my Sea-doo's rear deck turf mat. For those of you that have one of these, have you noticed any extra wear on your rear deck mat or around the deck lid plastic where the eyelets are installed?

Thanks in advance for your feedback! Much appreciated!
    Last edited by 69RT3X9; 01-29-2020 at 11:06 PM.

+1
    I have tested both. I have went on 100+ mile trips and can give you my opinion.Super rack makes a good rack. They have been out for 3-4 years. Shorlock has been around a year and seems to have a pretty strong fanbase and growing pretty significantly . Lets talk about quality. Both companies use aluminum on all their racks. Welds and quality of craftsmanship shows on the Shorlock ones without a doubt . Pwc racks have really poor welds and people have said they have broken under heavy chop. Yes it will damage your rear deck. This is a FACT! . This is a known issue Super rack has failed to fix and their response to everyone is "You intsalled it wrong" or no reply at all. Shorlock offers several styles and ANY color way to make it match your ski and has a box unit formed out of a solid sheet of alum and a tubular design that they just released that is the cheapest in the market. Super racks offers engraving and has 2-3 colors you can pick from. I have personal friend that has the Shorlock unit with the linq and he absolutely loves it. its a really sold design. The company will bend over backwards to make you happy. Also the shorlock unit you can keep forever cause if you switch to a yamaha or get a new seadoo without linq all you do is contact shorlock for new brackets. You will not need a whole new rack like superracks. Why spend 16k on a ski and you cant use is intended features? Reach out to Shorlock and speak to Mike . I guarantee you he will make you exactly what you want.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for your interests , questions and most importantly concerns !!! We can tell you all day about how great our quality is and how much we take pride in not only our product but our customers skis and that would be biased . Your biggest concern is exactly the reason we designed ALL of our racks to be raised up off the rear deck of the skis as we have seen in the past other brands cause mat and hull damage . As far as the linq clips go , we have a lot of those racks out in the wild being beat on daily and have received rave reviews from all of those customers , some being very well known riders in the rec pwc world . Feel free to reach out to us on fb messenger or though email sales@shorlockmarine.com and I would be more then happy to put you in touch directly with these guys . If your located in Florida , I’m happy to let you come down and we can mount a demo rack on your ski and go ride ..... nothing better then beating on something yourself to get a good feel for it . Feel free to message us anytime as we are always here to help and answer any and all questions you may have !!!

Mike

5. +1 by:

+1
    69RT3X9,

From the sounds of it Mike with Shorlock is pretty confident about their racks & design. Even willing to let someone take the rack for a ride to give it hell. Can’t ask for much more then that from a company. Mike I may have to consider looking into what you have to offer. During our last Bahamas’s crossing to Abaco 200+ miles one way, needless to say my existing rack and other friends with the same racks took an ass whipping! Including our bodies to say the least No pain no gain they say, all part of the adventure.

Billy D

7. +1 by:

+1
    Billy d -

For sure !!! Let us know if we can help you out in any way . Bahama crossings on the wrong day aren’t easy on anyone’s product but we are very confident in ours . It’s a fine line of very securely strapping a rack to your machine without causing any damage or leaving a footprint !!! We’re always available by email or on Facebook messenger for any and all questions !!! 🤙🏼

+1
    Mike,

I appreciate it, I might have take you up on that. We love making the crossing to the Bahamas as well as the local National Gulf Island Barrier chain along the Mississippi & Florida Gulf coast. All in which can get pretty brutal very quick and out of nowhere’s . But we also like to use them during our long hauls for State to State. Some of which we have put 255+ miles in one direction on a good day! Crossing several large lakes & open water along the way. Helps to have a great rack to carry the extra fuel needed for putting the miles behind you. I will have to get your email or website to check out what you have to offer.

Billy D

10. +1 by:

+1
    Billy - website is www.shorlockanchors.com
    And we are always available on fb messenger on the Shorlock anchors Page !!!

12. +1 by:

+1
    Appreciate it Mike. I will check them out soon

Thread Information