+1

2019/2020 Hull vs. 2014-2018 Hull on FX

Iím on the fence about purchasing a new 2019 or 2020 FX HO. I have never ridden a ski with the new Hull but a have read that it carves like itís on rails however it is more of a wet ride. This is my concern. I like the way my 2014 rides and I get very little spray coming over the bow.

I am looking for honest opinions from riders in the know.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information!

+1
    My wife rides a 2018 FXHO. I've put about 5 hours on it and have become used to it's overall ride/handling. I bought a 2019 FXHO last year and have 53 hours on it. The 19 is slightly wetter when it's ruff and I mean waves 2 feet or more. Usually one up with trim, my normal cruising setting, helps but still some water but not much and with two up on the trim, you'll get just a little. In 3 foot or more waves, I think everyone is getting wet. One footers is a dry ride. I'll gladly trade that little splash now and then for it's handling. It does grab the water and turns great. I also like that when turning, it will lean over, like riding a motorcycle, which feels more normal and balanced for me. The 18 turns with a more flatter stance and feels like the rear is sliding more through the turn. The 19 will turn sharper than the 18. My wife thinks the 19 is a softer ride in the rough than the 18. The 19's seat is a little narrower and fits me better. That's my take on the two hulls. I'm sure other members have their own. That's the 19 in my avatar.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Erierunner View Post
    My wife rides a 2018 FXHO. I've put about 5 hours on it and have become used to it's overall ride/handling. I bought a 2019 FXHO last year and have 53 hours on it. The 19 is slightly wetter when it's ruff and I mean waves 2 feet or more. Usually one up with trim, my normal cruising setting, helps but still some water but not much and with two up on the trim, you'll get just a little. In 3 foot or more waves, I think everyone is getting wet. One footers is a dry ride. I'll gladly trade that little splash now and then for it's handling. It does grab the water and turns great. I also like that when turning, it will lean over, like riding a motorcycle, which feels more normal and balanced for me. The 18 turns with a more flatter stance and feels like the rear is sliding more through the turn. The 19 will turn sharper than the 18. My wife thinks the 19 is a softer ride in the rough than the 18. The 19's seat is a little narrower and fits me better. That's my take on the two hulls. I'm sure other members have their own. That's the 19 in my avatar.
    Very good info here. Thanks!

Thread Information