Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

+1
    I have 5 Yamaha motors in the yard. Keeping them running all winter would become a part-time job... especially if it snows and I have to dig them out to get access. Proper storage prep is the right solution for me.

+1
    grumpy, you bring up a good point about "winterizing" my skis. I live on the lake and all of my skis are launchable within minutes. Living just north of Houston, the weather is often warm enough to ride in the middle of the winter. However, its been colder so far this winter, the lake level has been "purposely" lowered by 2' causing boating dangers and I've been busy with my Fox Body Mustang-LS (Chevy) engine/T56 Magnum trans swap. In hind sight, I should've winterized the skis!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy_steven View Post
    I have 5 Yamaha motors in the yard. Keeping them running all winter would become a part-time job... especially if it snows and I have to dig them out to get access. Proper storage prep is the right solution for me.
    oh yea I see u live in LI LOL that would be difficult! I live in south Texas itís no bid deal to bump 2 PWCs and a Yamaha jet boat (twin motors) plus take care of a pool, boat lift, 2 PWC lifts- all need weekly bmp also a biweekly trip to trailer storage to move/ check 2 trailers then to top it off lol 200 ft of bulkhead and dock .... and 63 palm trees

id rather do all of that though over shoveling snow every morning and dethawing my garage door to open it , I donít see how u guys put up with that!!!!

+1
    That's it... I'm moving to Texas. Is the house next door for sale? I'll sell my boat and skis and just mooch off of you.

When it snows, it's twice as deep next to the boat with the snow that slides off of the tarp.

Neighbor 2 doors down moved to Austin years ago and I never heard from them again. Either they slaughter NYers in Texas or it's just that great of a place to live.

Is it hard to trailer a boat in a Caddy convertible with steer horns mounted on the hood?

+1
    Well, Danny.... hindsight is always 20/20. But at least you're smart enough to address it now instead of neglecting the ski. If I remember correctly, the user or service manual doesn't mention "winterization" but instead addresses "storage preparation". If the ski isn't going to be used, even if snow is just something you see in one of those glass globes that you shake, you still need to prep.

It's a short season here, so the skis don't sit idle for very long in the summer. Once Labor Day passes, I start the winterizing process. But I'll usually keep one ski water-ready until late October.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy_steven View Post
    That's it... I'm moving to Texas. Is the house next door for sale? I'll sell my boat and skis and just mooch off of you.

When it snows, it's twice as deep next to the boat with the snow that slides off of the tarp.

Neighbor 2 doors down moved to Austin years ago and I never heard from them again. Either they slaughter NYers in Texas or it's just that great of a place to live.

Is it hard to trailer a boat in a Caddy convertible with steer horns mounted on the hood?
    LOL!!! Actually growing up during the dukes of hazard/ Dallas / urban cowboy era there were a few caddies with horns on them and my neighbor ha a 60s conv thunderbird that has them on there with cow covered seats

Austin is awesome my brother in law has a place on lake Travis and itís bad ass! I live in the Seabrook/ Kemah area nothing like Austin but its a fun place to live itís like a beach town atmosphere, real laid back. the biggest thing for you would be IT GETS EFFFING UNBELIEVABLY HOT!!!!! Other than the heat (if u have a pool or water toy ur good) itís nice!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    ... dethawing ...
    Apparently I am not the only person to use this word

+1
    Well, I'll start shopping for the Caddy... just have to make sure the A/C works.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to learn all the words to Luckenbach Texas so that I can fit in with Waylon, Willie and the boys. From what I hear, in Luckenbach Texas, there ain't nobody feelin' no pain. Did they legalize pot, or is that from the moonshine?

+1
    Probably dating myself with this pic, but does this get me automatic acceptance in Texas?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1310020.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	457794  

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Apparently I am not the only person to use this word
    Bwahaha!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information