Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Question 2013 300x, 8200 rpm after kspeed reflash but only 69mph on the gps

I知 at a loss and need some ideas. I have a 2013 300x with 23 hours on it with brand new platinum plugs. It is totally stock except for the kspeed ecu reflash. The reflash appears to be working great because I知 seeing consistent 8100 rpm. It even briefly hit 8200. My pump and impeller are clean with no dings or scratches to speak of. Clearance is like one or two sheets of paper. Trim is at neutral. At this rpm I should be seeing closer to 74mph but my speed never exceeds 69mph. I ride on a smooth lake with no current. I confirmed my gps is working and accurate. What the heck could be going on? Is it possible that the impeller pitch is off from the factory? I知 down to buy a solas impeller if I knew that was the problem. Could the tach be wrong? If so, that would also mean the reflash isn稚 working so I doubt that is it. Note that the kspeed ecu reflash also eliminates the speed limiter.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Get a hold of Jamie at Brisbane Kawasaki and he will help you work through this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Get a hold of Jamie at Brisbane Kawasaki and he will help you work through this.
    I have been working with Jamie. We are out of ideas. It does not appear to be an engine or ECU issue because the RPMs are there. It appears to be a drive issue but again, the jet pump and impeller look to be in excellent shape.

+1
    Take the seats off and remove the front Bucket & ECU Plastic cover.

Then go for a Blast like that - which will allow MORE air into the hull and report back your findings.

Good Luck !!!

+1
    I'll give that a try next time I'm out but I'm not trying to get more power out of the engine. It is already spinning at 8200 rpm(!) unless the tach is somehow wrong. This has to be a drive issue. My question is more if anyone has every heard of the prop incorrectly pitched straight from the factory? The pitch is essentially equivalent to the gear ratio in a car. Seems like I have high engine RPM and low pitch (gear ratio).

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Reverse bucket ? Maybe try to find someone with a 300 in your area so you can swap complete pump and test.

+1
    I will try messing with the trim next time I'm out. Swapping is actually a great idea but the ECU is much easier to swap than the pump. I just need to find someone with a 300x local.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco30 View Post
    I’m at a loss and need some ideas. I have a 2013 300x with 23 hours on it with brand new platinum plugs. It is totally stock except for the kspeed ecu reflash. The reflash appears to be working great because I’m seeing consistent 8100 rpm. It even briefly hit 8200. My pump and impeller are clean with no dings or scratches to speak of. Clearance is like one or two sheets of paper. Trim is at neutral. At this rpm I should be seeing closer to 74mph but my speed never exceeds 69mph. I ride on a smooth lake with no current. I confirmed my gps is working and accurate. What the heck could be going on? Is it possible that the impeller pitch is off from the factory? I’m down to buy a solas impeller if I knew that was the problem. Could the tach be wrong? If so, that would also mean the reflash isn’t working so I doubt that is it. Note that the kspeed ecu reflash also eliminates the speed limiter.
    what speeds were you doing before ECU flash .
    I assume you've change NOTHING else in the mean time …….
    Because if same altitude , prop etc and now you have more RPM you will be going faster ……… unless your GPS has taken a dump
    just sounds like something is mossing in the story ?

+1
    That’s a good question. I did not record my max rpm before the reflash but it was whatever comes from the factory, I think around 7500 or 7600 rpm. I did however record my max mph on gps which was 65mph (the speedo always said 67 but that’s not accurate). Other than the reflash, everything is the same including riding conditions. I ride on a damned lake at 2400’, no wind, 60ー F water and air temperature. I did pick up 600 rpm and 4 mph with the reflash but expected my top speed to be in the low 70’s.

+1
    I have the same issue with my 2012 300x running a SCOM. The RPMs are there but the speed isn't. I've also seen people on facebook talking about it every once in a while and there was never an answer given. If you do figure it out though please post your findings, and good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information