Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    +1
    Change the batterryyyy or charge it

+1
    True... So it's never a good thing to mod a ski until after the warranty or ext warranty is gone to prevent this type crap to occur. Any type dealer, after market warranty company or even yami, seadon't will deny a claim if any modification occurs on a the vehicle unfortunately. Your dealer sort of hose ya on that one by telling yami about it. Same on cars, trucks, boats, etc... Anything to deny a claim and save $$. Don't forget that most vehicle dealers hate warranty work because they don't make much $$ on the actual repair hence the deductible paid to dealers.

Mine has been having 158 code for last 8 months and occurs after riding on hose, while riding 75 miles etc...comes and goes by itself and only once did the trim gate actually stop moving or was slowly moving. Yami first steps states battery and even if the battery starts the ski all be it slowly sometimes. So I guess I will change the battery (3.5 yrs old now) then have them change the control unit or check into the handle control as that would be a better bet at this point. Mine did come on several times after I did some sub-deep water dives so that makes sense to me. Good luck and hopefully we will all get the dam 158 code goneville!
    Last edited by Crewdawg; 01-28-2020 at 10:26 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewdawg View Post
    True... So it's never a good thing to mod a ski until after the warranty or ext warranty is gone to prevent this type crap to occur. Any type dealer, after market warranty company or even yami, seadon't will deny a claim if any modification occurs on a the vehicle unfortunately. Your dealer sort of hose ya on that one by telling yami about it. Same on cars, trucks, boats, etc... Anything to deny a claim and save $$. Don't forget that most vehicle dealers hate warranty work because they don't make much $$ on the actual repair hence the deductible paid to dealers.

Mine has been having 158 code for last 8 months and occurs after riding on hose, while riding 75 miles etc...comes and goes by itself and only once did the trim gate actually stop moving or was slowly moving. Yami first steps states battery and even if the battery starts the ski all be it slowly sometimes. So I guess I will change the battery (3.5 yrs old now) then have them change the control unit or check into the handle control as that would be a better bet at this point. Mine did come on several times after I did some sub-deep water dives so that makes sense to me. Good luck and hopefully we will all get the dam 158 code goneville!

By chance I had to take my wife to a Dr appointment all the way out by the shop Yamaha wanted me to take the ski next. On the way home I stopped in to talk to them and see what their thoughts were before I attempted to trailer it 60miles for them to look at. The gentleman I spoke with was a refreshing change from Pete's. So much so that I'm taking it up to them tomorrow and give them a go. Personally, I think It's BS that the people who sold me the ski can walk away from their responsibility like that and dump it on another dealer, but at least this place seems to still care about customer satisfaction, even if they didn't sell it.

Yea some dealers only want to sell boats and do yearly service, that is the most profitable way to run a dealership. But when times get tight those dealerships will fold due to never having a relationship with their customers.

Seadoo gave away their business in 98 till about 3 years ago in the clear lake (clear lake Kawasaki seadoo) area due to bad customer service now with mancuso in the mix they are coming back. For years on Taylor lake (where I live) u would see 1 seadoo to 5 Yamahas.

i hope Yamaha is watching this dealership because they are the face of Yamaha and all it takes is a few people getting screwed to give Yamaha a bad name especially in the forum / social media age.

+1
    To the OP...wow, that is one giant paragraph. Recommend cliff notes or just bullet points. Too hard to read. Second, sorry you are having trouble and hope you can get it fixed.

I always caution anyone....do not buy a new machine and then mod it before putting it in the water and doing the required break in. It’s just a really bad idea.

+1

Wink Code

Something else I found odd was that the tech informed me that the computer also had popped a code for not using High Octane fuel (160 something code) and that I should be careful and used only use high octane fuel to avoid warranty issues. I told him that I used only 90 octane Non-Ethanol fuel and never knew about the code you can only see when plugged in. Makes me wondering what would happen if I had a engine related issue and Yami is told about using only 90 octane

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... I used only 90 octane Non-Ethanol fuel ...
    This is for SVHO engine?

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3011504

Per the trouble code the tech mentioned, apparently in addition to dialing back the engine power when engine knock is detected there is a ECU history record of the event(s).

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    This is for SVHO engine?

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3011504

Per the trouble code the tech mentioned, apparently in addition to dialing back the engine power when engine knock is detected there is a ECU history record of the event(s).

yep running anything less that 91 will cause a proble. That guy dolphinride that his ski was dying was using 87 dock gas

+1
    This kind of bs is exactly why I am the only one who ever works on my skis. (Specialized machining work excluded)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. If it makes you feel any better, your story has now been shared with all my local riding buddies, who are in the same area u are.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    This kind of bs is exactly why I am the only one who ever works on my skis. (Specialized machining work excluded)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. If it makes you feel any better, your story has now been shared with all my local riding buddies, who are in the same area u are.
    Thanks for getting the word out. I have worked on all my skis and boats for 30+ years and was hoping the only thing a new 4 stroke would need is oil changes and an occasional supercharger clutch. Things happen, and you get bad parts from time to time, but there is no reason for poor customer service. They didn't even claim it's not covered, they just couldn't find the issue and gave up. Craziest thing I have ever heard of. I'll be providing an update after I get it back, but B&E Motorsports was worlds better from the minute I began taking to them. I have a good feeling about the outcome dealing with them vs. Pete's.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information