Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    Adjust your bucket. The bucket might of not been adjusted right from factory. Had a ski doing the same thing, dealer kept it for months and could never figure out, took me 15 minutes at the ramp to fix it lol, i know it sounds crazy but trust me. Go to the ramp and adjust your bucket. If the arm is too tight or extended too much it will throw that code. And that’s why it may do it sometimes. Good luck

Yes i did the same back in 19 on an 2018 GP... there is a need fo certain play..took 5 minutes...

+1
    Only hope to be helpful.

I found another thread on here that summaries the codes ... and I hear what others are saying about the bucket adjustment - certainly worth a try, but hard to verify being that's it's so intermittent.
    Yet if this code table is correct, your ski isn't throwing bucket-related codes. Link: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=264299

Summary:
    157 - bucket (speed)
    158 - trim related
    159 - bucket
    160 - trim related
    161 - bucket (speed)
    163 - RiDE electrical, low voltage, stator, charging system
    164 - bucket (speed)

Regarding Yamaha dismissing your issue so fast, is like I said about having that so-called "mark" on your medical record - Yamaha is simply going to side on their "certified" service center by default - it's not personal. Kawi would do the same, I'm sure. The issue is with your dealer. And while you didn't want to bring it upon yourself - mod'ing/adding stuff to your ski opens a window that a crappy dealer could certainly exploit, and that's what they are doing.

BBB is more than just about filing complaints ... they will likely engage a mediator with the goal of both sides coming to an agreement. Sounds like a lot of wasted time & energy for you, when social media these days is much more impactful.

+1
    If you donít get this resolved before the season starts back up, I would disconnect that bilge pump so they canít continue to use that as an excuse.

Good luck, this must be incredibly frustrating.

+1
    Do a new battery or charge the other one..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    I read your long story, and FWIW Yamaha likely still rules.
    Keep us posted.

Just quoting the beginning and end due to the long nature of your post.

TimeBandit is a stand up guy for sure as proves here. Kudos Sir for taking the time to help like that.

6. +1 by:

+1
    I'm surprised that your dealer took parts off of another 'Ski they had in stock. Mine would never do that.

Man that sucks but I will say ur dealer really sucks!!!!!

Why havenít u changed the battery yet?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    Man that sucks but I will say ur dealer really sucks!!!!!

Why havenít u changed the battery yet?
    I checked the voltage every time I had the issue and it was resting at 12.5 and would not drop below 12 under load using a battery load tester.

Quote Originally Posted by L8RBRA View Post
    That sucks for sure. Is there any way a varmint got in and chewed up a wire or two? This could even happen while in inventory at the dealership or where you store it. Just a thought.
    I looked and there are no chews or knicks in the harness

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    I'm surprised that your dealer took parts off of another 'Ski they had in stock. Mine would never do that.
    More of a story to that. When I dropped it off I told them I needed it back in 6 weeks. (my nephew was coming to town and I promised him he could take it out once he got his boaters safter certificate, which he had gotten) They said no problem, then sat on the ski for 5 weeks without even touching it. They then spent the last 4 days scrambling to resolve the issue. When replacing the entire motor assembly didn't work (which makes sense since that would be a 160 error) They honed in on the relays, but had no GP1800 fuse box in stock and could not get one in time to fix the ski, so they tore one apart from a EX on the sales floor to get the needed relays. I appreciated the effort, but now even Yamaha told me I should try another dealer.

So today I went and picked it up and mentioned Yamaha said I should take it somewhere else, he said yes, they told him that too and seemed hapy about it. Next I asked him why they tried replacing the Trim Motor Assembly when it is a 160 error and my ski was giving a 158 error which is the hand controls. (The one thing they haven't touched yet) All I got was, "our techs are gold certified" followed by a blank stare. Last question to him was "how can you blame the bilge pump when it has been hooked up the last 8 weeks you have had it and you can't get it to alert?" Now all he could muster was a shoulder shrug. He ended this wonderful interaction by trying to charge me to replace the battery which they did as part of troubleshooting. I had them take it back out since I can get an AGM battery for the $90 they wanted to charge. Luckliy there are other Yamaha dealers in the area I can go to, for now I am going to resolve it on my own and video the process. Then I can just take them to small claims court to recoup my parts cost after I fix it. Even if I can't recoup the cost I will enjoy having them go to court and defend their actions. In the mean time I will keep on them through Social Media, the BBB and all my maritime and business resources and ensure nobody else supports such a poor company.

Everyones support is very much appreciated. If the dealers cared half as much as people like you, this wouldn't have been an issue.

+1
    If you haven't changed the battery I would. my battery tested good and still caused the issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahasrule View Post
    If the dealers cared half as much as people like you, this wouldn't have been an issue.
    Take note dealerships. Platinum certifications here

12. +1 by:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information