Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm37 View Post
    Not sure I understand what your saying. Are you under the impression that Vtech tunes are faster than Riva tunes? Are pre-programmed tunes company specific? Doesn’t it all depend on what mods you have installed and which tune you select on the Maptuner x?
    It absolutely depends on supporting modifications, elevation of your riding area, and many other factors as I mentioned in the above post. V-Tech/RIVA Maptuner tunes are the same.

Thanks for clearing that up Jerry! I had a riva stage one kit on my old Rxp years ago and it did run the advertised 72 gps’d. I’ve just heard bad things about people not getting good results on these skis using the riva kits and especially with the Solas props having those issues with them cracking.
    If anyone has seen Be***** on YouTube, his stage two kit’s SXX prop blew up in his rxp300 in 20 minutes of riding and he had a ton of issues with riva helping out with it. It left a bad taste in my mouth with them that they would not even respond to him.

I did not know about vtech and riva tunes basically being the same. That’s good info to know for sure!

Looking forward to getting this thing to rip

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack608 View Post
    If anyone has seen Be***** on YouTube, his stage two kit’s SXX prop blew up in his rxp300 in 20 minutes of riding and he had a ton of issues with riva helping out with it. It left a bad taste in my mouth with them that they would not even respond to him.
    RIVA bent over backwards to help that guy. He gets more attention and Youtube followers by bad mouthing RIVA.
    Do you honestly believe a company like RIVA turns their back on their customers? NO WAY! They would not be in business if they did. Don't believe everything you read, or see on the internet!

+1
    In my experience Riva customer service and communication with Jesus has always been top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    RIVA bent over backwards to help that guy. He gets more attention and Youtube followers by bad mouthing RIVA.
    Do you honestly believe a company like RIVA turns their back on their customers? NO WAY! They would not be in business if they did. Don't believe everything you read, or see on the internet!
    This response is very informative. I have followed his channel and seen him do the same for JP_Racing re-flash as well. Be***** claimed to not get the desired 80 mph from the Stage 1 tune and publicly attacked the product claiming it was a sham. i am unaware of their communication prior but going on a public platform to resolve the issue without utilizing all the channels I believe is loathsome. I tried presenting him with facts ( Humidity/Water Temp/Wear Ring condition, etc) as to why he didn't achieve the results in the middle of summer during his said video comments. He disregarded my opinion and replied to my comment only to continue to lambaste the guy/brand.
    Sadly I am aware they even had a reflash and deal ongoing to the public. It was ashame to see someone attack a business partner due to a minor issue that could have been resolved behind closed doors.

I am all about accountability as it relates to products. Right now I am having to do the same with BRP-Seadoo and their cracking hulls ( Mine sank ), but also would expect RIVA/Worx etc to do the same if an defective product is identified.

My thing is, utilize all avenues of communication before making it public. You'll probably get more respect/meaningful response from the brand. My 0.02 cents

+1
    Trust me when I tell you that RIVA did everything possible to try and help this guy, but he’d rather put them on blast to draw attention to himself and his YouTube. channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    This response is very informative. I have followed his channel and seen him do the same for JP_Racing re-flash as well. Be***** claimed to not get the desired 80 mph from the Stage 1 tune and publicly attacked the product claiming it was a sham. i am unaware of their communication prior but going on a public platform to resolve the issue without utilizing all the channels I believe is loathsome. I tried presenting him with facts ( Humidity/Water Temp/Wear Ring condition, etc) as to why he didn't achieve the results in the middle of summer during his said video comments. He disregarded my opinion and replied to my comment only to continue to lambaste the guy/brand.
    Sadly I am aware they even had a reflash and deal ongoing to the public. It was ashame to see someone attack a business partner due to a minor issue that could have been resolved behind closed doors.

I am all about accountability as it relates to products. Right now I am having to do the same with BRP-Seadoo and their cracking hulls ( Mine sank ), but also would expect RIVA/Worx etc to do the same if an defective product is identified.

My thing is, utilize all avenues of communication before making it public. You'll probably get more respect/meaningful response from the brand. My 0.02 cents

+1
    So true Jerry, always better to work something out than to rant and smear people on the Net. Itís never in your favour to do that type of shit.

8. +1 by:

Wow I did not know any of that. This is why this forum is so great!

Definitely would hope RIVA would do everything they could to help out when there was an issue with the product.

I personally like JP Racing’s tunes and he’s responded to my messages very quickly in terms of a 230 tune, so one bad review isn’t going to change that opinion.

Definitely will look that Be***** videos with a more unbiased view for-on now and do more research before forming my own opinion on a company.

+1
    It sounds like you are Michaelís brother??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    Your fine without a tune. However to get the most out of the cold air and intercooler. you need the imuk kit. Also as mentioned. Dont expect big gains on the gtr hull. My brother had maptuned, solas 14/19 cold air, imuk,thru hull, powercooler,,,, it pulled noticeably harder. But topped out at 70-71 mph. After goin to an e137 wheel ,rrfpr,jims open loop speed cut,vt 1100cc injectors with riva rail ,riva water box, prop re-pitch, custom grind cam, retainers,custom vtech 8800 tune. All those mods and It will still only see 80mph. It has a violent midrange. But just dont expect to see alot of top end on that hull. Very playful ski though!!! .
    hou must be Michaelís brother 😎

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information