Ski purchase help - 2006 Seadoo wake

Good afternoon everyone, a friend of mine that is a member on this forum recommended me come in here for some help. Iím looking at a 2006 Seadoo wake with 49hrs on it. I donít really know much about it other than the specs on it. I would like to know of any issues that come with owning one of these or things to look for when I go look at it. Thank you all in advance and look forward to learning a lot on here.

+1
    49 hours may sound good, but PWC's generally don't like to sit around not being ridden.

You will need to do all the normal checks when buying a PWC.

1. Has the oil ever been changed?
    2. How old is the gas in it?

The non supercharged 4 stroke SeaDoo engines are very reliable.

I would remove the old fuel, change the oil and spark plugs and give it a water test.

You want to make sure it runs well, gauge functions work, it accelerates smoothly, check the steering and reverse cables to ensure they're not sticking, seat isn't ripped/worn, etc.

Go to Youtube and search for how to buy a pwc or jetski...plenty of vids out there.

When in doubt, pay to have a dealer give it a pre purchase inspection.

In my area, that ski retails for about $3500 without trailer.

Ok thank you.

+1
    I would be concerned about the valves, some of the 06's came with the hollow exhaust valves.

The Gti is the best selling model of all time. Tons of them out there and it's a very good ski to boot. Sporty but stable, plenty of power for towing or the top end rush if you need that. But docile and putts around all day.
    I bought a "like new" 07 last spring with 69? hrs on it. Low hrs can be a concern but not if it's been properly tended to.
    Mine got used every summer when the kids came home for 2 weeks, then serviced in the fall. THOSE are gems to find.

Mine is the 130, 155 is the same motor with more top end power. I wish mine was the wake as I'm going to learn to foil this summer and it would be nice.
    Get it checked out by a reputable shop and then go have a lot of fun on that sucker.

Thread Information