+1

Maptuner V1 - looking for some guidance

Hello all.

Ive done a fair bit of internet / forum scouring here and come up with not a lot .

I have purchased a second hand Maptuner 1, and am starting the process of getting my head round what needs to be done.

I have all the relevant cables. When i plug the maptuner into my laptop, its recognised and powers up fine. Likewise when i plug it into the ski, it powers up and i can scroll through menus.

I am yet to purchase a vtech licence. Ill get round to that very shortly.

However, i have to admit im a little stumped as to how i interface between the laptop and the maptuner. I downloaded a version of the MyMaptuner (2.5.91.25733), however when i plug my Maptuner in and fire up the software (clicking cancel to the login screen), im not able to do anything at all.

It was suggested to me that with the maptuner 1, i should be able to "add the ECU to your maptuner and synchronize… you will see the files available in the server." However i cant seem to figure out how to do that.

I guess whats evident here is, im missing some pretty elementary first steps. I can seem to find any guides or information on the internet.

Hoping someone might be able to give me a crash course on where to start, what software i need (ye si know i need a licence), and how i get tunes onto the Maptuner itself.

Thanks for any advice guys.

Dave

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by davus View Post
    Hello all.

Ive done a fair bit of internet / forum scouring here and come up with not a lot .

I have purchased a second hand Maptuner 1, and am starting the process of getting my head round what needs to be done.

I have all the relevant cables. When i plug the maptuner into my laptop, its recognised and powers up fine. Likewise when i plug it into the ski, it powers up and i can scroll through menus.

I am yet to purchase a vtech licence. Ill get round to that very shortly.

However, i have to admit im a little stumped as to how i interface between the laptop and the maptuner. I downloaded a version of the MyMaptuner (2.5.91.25733), however when i plug my Maptuner in and fire up the software (clicking cancel to the login screen), im not able to do anything at all.

It was suggested to me that with the maptuner 1, i should be able to "add the ECU to your maptuner and synchronize… you will see the files available in the server." However i cant seem to figure out how to do that.

I guess whats evident here is, im missing some pretty elementary first steps. I can seem to find any guides or information on the internet.

Hoping someone might be able to give me a crash course on where to start, what software i need (ye si know i need a licence), and how i get tunes onto the Maptuner itself.

Thanks for any advice guys.

Dave
    Hi,

You won't be able to do anything without an MyMaptuner Account, to create a new account - Tuning License Code is required.

Seems like you have all required equipment to perform tuning, except for the license.

So, the first steps would be.
    Purchase Standard or Spark license depending on Natural Aspirated or Super- turbocharged vehicle.
    Create an MyMaptuner Account
    Connect Maptuner to vehicle and request tuning.
    Connect Maptuner to PC and Synchronize.
    Choose tuning software and assign license code to vehicle.
    Synchronize and program vehicle.

Let me know if you have any further issues or questions.
    Viktor@maptun.com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ViktorMaptun View Post
    Hi,

You won't be able to do anything without an MyMaptuner Account, to create a new account - Tuning License Code is required.

Seems like you have all required equipment to perform tuning, except for the license.

So, the first steps would be.
    Purchase Standard or Spark license depending on Natural Aspirated or Super- turbocharged vehicle.
    Create an MyMaptuner Account
    Connect Maptuner to vehicle and request tuning.
    Connect Maptuner to PC and Synchronize.
    Choose tuning software and assign license code to vehicle.
    Synchronize and program vehicle.

Let me know if you have any further issues or questions.
    Viktor@maptun.com

cheers Viktor!.
    Have sent you an email with a couple of questions.

Dave

4. +1 by:

Thread Information