Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Differences between ECU Reflash Software?

Hi guys, Iíve got an RXTX 300 2019. Not sure if itís been discussed before but here goes. Iíve been searching the web for info on ECU Reflashing, and Iíve noticed that there are different Seadoo Performance Shops offering ECU Reflasing but they donít seem to have all the same software. ( ex. Maptuner X ). JP Racing says he doesnít use that product but can Reflash my ECU. How reliable are these other products? Iíve seen Maptuner X results here on this website but what are the differences with the others? Are they all the same just different branding? Are some better than others? Any input would be much appreciated, thanks.

+1
    The big difference is the with the Maptunerx bundle, you can flash unlimited number of different tunes to your ski as you mod it. With a mail in flash service, you pay per flash.(stage 1, stage 2, etc) . Maptunerx also allows you to read and clear fault codes.

+1
    Yes there are a few companies offering solutions to ECU tuning with varying price tags. The challenging part is to sort through the list and find what’s cream and what’s not.

it takes hours of research and development to develope tunes from the ground up. And that costs money which must be recouped. Others copy these tunes or aspects of these tunes (what is available to be copied) and then sell them as their own at a lesser cost as it is generally pure profit and no costs to recoup. Unfortunately they don’t always function as they should.

are all factory functions available? After sales service available? Datalog info available to be viewed. Does the tuner know what they are selling - timing advance, fuelling, altitude correction, suitable mods etc etc.

my motto - either pay now or pay later. It’s your choice

+1
    I get your point but it still doesn’t point me in the right direction. So is Maptuner X the best solution as for versatility and reliability? Is Maptuner X the leader in ECU Reflash and everyone else is copying off of them?

+1
    Being a VTech reseller I tried to stay objective. In my opinion for ease of use and a home based diagnostic tool the MaptunerX system is the way to go. Change the tune on your ski unlimited amount of times and it all takes 5 minutes to do. The home service app is great for diagnostic tool. Riva or VTech your choice on tuning base

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm37 View Post
    Hi guys, I’ve got an RXTX 300 2019. Not sure if it’s been discussed before but here goes. I’ve been searching the web for info on ECU Reflashing, and I’ve noticed that there are different Seadoo Performance Shops offering ECU Reflasing but they don’t seem to have all the same software. ( ex. Maptuner X ). JP Racing says he doesn’t use that product but can Reflash my ECU. How reliable are these other products? I’ve seen Maptuner X results here on this website but what are the differences with the others? Are they all the same just different branding? Are some better than others? Any input would be much appreciated, thanks.
    Fully understand your question. As iam in the same predicament,,,,deans team writes wicked tunes, but look at it this way, every time you want to alter,tweek,upgrade your ski. You need to remove your ecu and send it out for re- mapping. This alone makes the maptuner the most logical decision. As you can play with different tunes, and re- tune "as needed" i have heard some say maptune are generic cookie cut tunes. This is not true. Application specific Custom tunes are avail also!!!

+1
    So that’s what I’m debating exactly. I wanted a SCOM but I feel like I’ll be so limited. The Warranty issue bugs me but I read that “ NOTE: With the home service application, you can do the following. For you guys running MaptunerX reflashes, you can reset history. This means you can flash your ECU back to stock and clear RPM history before taking your ski back into the dealer for service work. This makes the reflash undetectable. “. Is this really true?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm37 View Post
    So thatís what Iím debating exactly. I wanted a SCOM but I feel like Iíll be so limited. The Warranty issue bugs me but I read that ď NOTE: With the home service application, you can do the following. For you guys running MaptunerX reflashes, you can reset history. This means you can flash your ECU back to stock and clear RPM history before taking your ski back into the dealer for service work. This makes the reflash undetectable. ď. Is this really true?
    That's correct

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    That's correct
    This is where Iím confused. You would think the dealer would flag it asap from seeing zero rpm history.

+1
    Scott, that’s what I was thinking too. And what about the hrs put on the ski while it’s on Reflash, is there a time zone where there would be nothing showing on the ECU? How would dealer not notice it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information