Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBR codes

IBR codes

I have a 2016 Wake Pro 215 that has some IBR codes. I have the CanDoo so I can read them and see the description.

I have done normal maintenance on the ski (oil, plugs, etc), but have never delved into non standard stuff.

I'm wondering where I would look up the codes and get more information? If Service manual do I buy from the dealer or some online source?
    What is the most likely remedy?
    The IBR doesn't work in IBR override mode so I'm not sure how to get the gate up so I can disassemble. Do I need to clear codes then the gate will work?

C2102
    Source = IBR
    Description = Actuator Movement
    Clean and check for damage in the IBR gate and nozzle area

C2238
    Source = IBR MONITOR
    Description = Validation Forward (Motor Not Powered within maximum delay)

C2101
    Source = IBR
    Description = Actuator Movement Warning
    Note: Consult the service manual for details

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Merc70; 01-18-2020 at 07:08 AM.

+1
    Do you ride your machine in saltwater? I have had all the pivot points on the IBR bucket seize up due to corrosion from the salt water, i took it all apart and cleaned everything thoroughly and my IBR issues are gone

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc70 View Post
    If Service manual do I buy from the dealer or some online source?
    https://brpmanuals.com/seadoo-manual.htm

It does see saltwater one week a year on my beach vacation, but we put 10-15 hours on it that week. I am usually pretty good about cleaning everything with fresh water but that probably only goes so far.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxtxruss View Post
    Do you ride your machine in saltwater? I have had all the pivot points on the IBR bucket seize up due to corrosion from the salt water, i took it all apart and cleaned everything thoroughly and my IBR issues are gone
    Do you not rinse after each saltwater ride?

I have 350 salt hours on my 2011 and never had a problem. But I rinse after each ride and spray Fluid Film frequently.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    Do you not rinse after each saltwater ride?

I have 350 salt hours on my 2011 and never had a problem. But I rinse after each ride and spray Fluid Film frequently.
    I do rinse it after riding in the ocean but I bought the machine recently and I'm doubtful the previous owner rinsed it well, and its hard to get the salt out of everywhere but ever since i cleaned all the pivot points it has been good

The complication this morning is that since the IBR doesn't work at all, I can't move the bucket to get to the bolts to remove it. So I'm thinking I need to remove the actuator from inside the hull to free the actuator arm so I can move the bucket manually. Does that sound like the right approach?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc70 View Post
    The complication this morning is that since the IBR doesn't work at all, I can't move the bucket to get to the bolts to remove it. So I'm thinking I need to remove the actuator from inside the hull to free the actuator arm so I can move the bucket manually. Does that sound like the right approach?
    I don't think that going to be possible to remove the IBR motor from inside the hull first because the actuator is bolted to the bucket from the outside of the ski, you can disassemble the bucket and pivot parts from the outside, i have done it before even with the bucket stuck down, some stubby wrenches are needed and patience but it can be done, check the fuses for the IBR to make sure they are good, maybe they are no good and that's why its not moving at all today

Yeah I'm gathering you have to get the actuator nut off which is from the outside. And unfortunately on my IBR I have to move the bucket to align the hole to get the wrench onto the bolt head to remove the actuator. I can get an open ended wrench on it but then only have about 1/8" to back it out before it hits the ring that holds the steering cone (the ring with the hole in it). So the only way I can see is to get the holes aligned so the bolt can come out. I am wondering if I can remove the boot and disconnect the pin that links the actuator arm together. See parts 10, 21, 22 here.

+1
    These things sure turn into a nightmare! You might be able to push that boot back enough to get to the pin and disconnect it, i have also found that stubby gear wrenches work well for the tight spots when you don't have enough space with open ended wrenches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information