2018 vx deluxe speedo question

Hey there just visiting from the Kawasaki side to ask about my buddy vx. His speedo is reading way way low and we looked at spiny wheel and itís looks ok and spins free.
    Any common issues with these ?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Are any of the paddles on the speedo wheel damaged at all?
    IIRC there is a tiny magnet in the tip of a couple of the paddles. If it falls out then the speed reading will be incorrect.

Also check that the speedo connector to the dash is tight, no water inside, no pin or wire damage. I think it is located somewhere above the fuel tank, just behind the front storage rear wall.

If your buddy wants to switch to a much more accurate and consistent speed reading, the online store here sells the CANDooPro GPS speedometer module.

it is a direct plug in module connection to the dash, instead of the paddle wheel. Displays very accurate speeds and does not care about the paddle wheel. Easy to install. I have the CANDooPro GOS speed module on each of my Yamaha GP1800.

Just be sure to purchase the correct module number to match the specific year and model Yamaha watercraft.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Are any of the paddles on the speedo wheel damaged at all?
    IIRC there is a tiny magnet in the tip of a couple of the paddles. If it falls out then the speed reading will be incorrect.

Also check that the speedo connector to the dash is tight, no water inside, no pin or wire damage. I think it is located somewhere above the fuel tank, just behind the front storage rear wall.

If your buddy wants to switch to a much more accurate and consistent speed reading, the online store here sells the CANDooPro GPS speedometer module.

it is a direct plug in module connection to the dash, instead of the paddle wheel. Displays very accurate speeds and does not care about the paddle wheel. Easy to install. I have the CANDooPro GOS speed module on each of my Yamaha GP1800.

Just be sure to purchase the correct module number to match the specific year and model Yamaha watercraft.
    Thx I will check the wheel for the magnets. Makes sense.
    I saw the candoo and mentioned to him. He is just cranky cause itís so new and it only had a year warranty. Actually my warranty ran out after his and my ski is a 2013 so that bugged him abit.

Thanks for your help. From east coast of Canada.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-ultra View Post
    ... candoo and mentioned to him. He is just cranky cause itís so new ...
    I installed CANDooPro speedo modules when the watercraft had less than 20 running hours and were only a few months old from brand new purchase, if that. Accurate speedometer + no more paddle wheel to snag on trailer bunks, possible damage from hull beaching, or whatever.

I still have the original speedometer paddle wheel units (from GP1800) on the shelf. Like new, as they say.

I installed CANDooPro speedo modules when the watercraft had less than 20 running hours and were only a few months old from brand new purchase, if that. Accurate speedometer + no more paddle wheel to snag on trailer bunks, possible damage from hull beaching, or whatever.

I still have the original speedometer paddle wheel units (from GP1800) on the shelf. Like new, as they say.
    What did you do to the holes that hold the wheel. Or is there a removable shaft ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-ultra View Post
    What did you do to the holes that hold the wheel. ...
    I removed the entire OEM factory Yamaha speed sensor paddle wheel assembly.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2887887

I removed the entire OEM factory Yamaha speed sensor paddle wheel assembly.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2887887

Ok thx a lot.

Thread Information