Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbon hull

BillyBo, here is a question for you; can you reinforce the RXT X 300 hulls with carbon and resin?

+1
    I know someone that would purchase at least one but most likely more. If you go through with this let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by tomespo View Post
    I know someone that would purchase at least one but most likely more. If you go through with this let me know.
    I am going to. Going to start the middle of February

Guybb3, depends on where they are cracking. Upper deck yes, bottom deck a lot of it no because it has that inner liner for the motor mounts and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Billybo455 View Post
    I am going to. Going to start the middle of February

Guybb3, depends on where they are cracking. Upper deck yes, bottom deck a lot of it no because it has that inner liner for the motor mounts and stuff.
    That's what I was hoping to hear. I would like to open up the hole in the upper deck (the one used for the ski pole) to the size of the plug used to cover it and use frogskinz to cover it. If I do this though I would like to lay down a layer of carbon to strengthen it up a bit. I have no cracking in mine and would like to keep it that way.

Use epoxy. Sand it good with 36grit. Make sure if you do use glass don't use chop stand mat with epoxy. If you feel like you have enough room you can king of preimpregnate the carbon fiber on a table using like a putty spreader that is new with nothing to snag the fibers on it. Weigh the carbon and take 60 percent of the weight and mix your epoxy to be the 65 percent. Should get you close with not having to much left over.

Thank you for the tips, Bro.

You can use chopstrand with epoxy, but it needs to be chopstrand without binder.

8. +1 by:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information