Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

2007 GP1300r budget build

Hey guys, last summer I decided to make my first big boy purchase and picked up a 2007 gp1300r bone stock with 96 hours on her. Im 18 and in my freshman year of college, so needless to say, money doesn't grow on any of the trees in my backyard... yet... Anyways, I picked this ski up for 3500 with a trailer included. I thought this was a pretty decent price, as stock 1300s are becoming harder and harder to find. After doing some research and spending hours on the forum, I concluded that the first modification would be a D-plate, as this would eliminate any heart aches with the factory cat.

Immediately after installing it, I noticed a decent amount of pep restored in the machine. I ended up spending almost every weekend at the lake that summer and thoroughly enjoyed myself. By late summer, I had already put about 30 hours on the ski and everything was in perfect mechanical condition. I raced a few of my friends on their RXP's. I couldn't hang with them for long as their top speed and hole shot dwarfed mine. However I still had fun trying to get the edge on them and was able to beat all of my friends with non-supercharged models.

Unfortunately, summer was short lived and i was forced to endure my first semester of college. All I could think about during class was summer and zipping around on my ski. This led me to spend countless hours on green hulk looking at other members and their builds. I struggled to find many stock bore non ported gp1300s, as it seems the days of modifying 2 stroke 1300s is in the past. However, with my limited knowledge and hunger to learn, I plan on reviving the old 2 stroke. This winter, I have invested what money i have into the machine. This is my first time turning bolts on any engine, but i am a fast learner willing to take the risk. I have contacted members such as WFO and learned so much already. My first major purchase was Riva Racing heads milled to 160 PSI. I had trouble finding the bolts I needed but managed to find some for sale on the IR website. Then I purchased a Riva Race Flame Arrestor. I quickly installed these as I was eager to start on the build.

Here are a few pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191228_182615.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	457174   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191228_105435.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	457175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191228_105446.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	457176  

+1
    I took the ski out on lake Hartwell in Georgia to test the new mods and make sure everything was in good working condition. All went well and the only thing I froze was my feet in that 40 degree water! Sense then I have made a few more purchases.

Riva Ride plate (not Modified) - ebay
    R&D 800 intake grate - ebay
    EJK 3rd Generation fuel controller - IR
    4 degree timing keyway - WFO
    4200 Marine Sealant for sealing the pump - IR
    Oil Block off kit - IR

I have yet to install any of these but will get to them shortly. I had a little trouble finding information on tuning with the EJK controller, so if any of you guys have some input that would be great! I also plan on purchasing a few more mods:

Tiny Tach
    IR holeshot kit
    Pump plug kit
    and a new Impeller.

As I said before I have no experience with this stuff so any advice would be great. I managed to install the heads and flame arrestor without much trouble, (besides removing and reinstalling the exhaust, which is a total biotch). As you can see above, I did a little work with some spray paint to spice things up. I think it came out pretty well, especially the ferrings I painted black.

Anyways, I hope you guys can follow along with me on this journey as I build my gp1300r on a budget!

3. +1 by:

+1
    So decided to try and fit the riva plate I bought off of Ebay today. Unfortunately during the process of removing the old plate I sheared the head off of a bolt. Tried for hours to get the bolt out but still cant. So for now I'm just going to run it with three bolts until I can find someone to help me out.

I ran into another problem fitting the riva plate, seems like the pump hangs too low and requires grinding so that the rear bolt locations will meet flush with the hull. So I'm going to grind some of the plate down and the bottom of the pump.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200108_200602.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	457182

Name:	20200108_200556.jpg 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	457183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200108_163911.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	457184

+1
    Grinded a bit more than i wanted to, but still have a bit of a gap so i will finish fine tuning it tomorrow.

+1
    Just finishing fitting the ride plate, looks to be seated pretty well, not sure if it has been modified before from the previous owner. Anyways, I also managed to install the R&D 800 intake grate. I'm going to seal the pump shoe at a later date when I purchase a new impeller, so for now I'm just going to leave that alone. Now on to the WFO key install and oil block off from Island Racing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200109_122627.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	457218  

+1
    Exhaust is out, fuel is drained, and the timing key + oil block off kit are ready to go in. Planning on testing the ski tomorrow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200109_150446.jpg 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	457223

+1
    So currently kicking myself in the head right now. I managed to get the flywheel off to install my 4 degree key. Everything went well until I decided to install the flywheel back and upon tightening the center bolt down out a little too much force into it and broke the head of the bolt clean off. I guess I've been hitting the gym too much... anyways, half the screw is inside the hole. I feel like I am probably the only person this has happened to, but I'm in dire need of some advice, I don't know what to do to get the rest of the bolt out. It's in the worst possible place that is hardest to get to. Ill post a few picture so please post your advice. Thanks! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200109_222030.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	457233

Name:	20200109_222011.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	457234

Well first of all you must have not read the thread I made about this http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257143 and well anyway your not the only person that has happen to.

By the looks of it there is a head to the part of the bolt stuck inside the crankshaft. You might be better just pulling the entire engine out but it’s your call.

Since it’s winter your gonna need a propane torch and a pick or chisel hitting it with a heavy 4lb or similar hammer and hit the small piece inside the crankshaft counterclockwise.

It’s extremely important that you chase the threads inside the crankshaft of any debris/locktite prior to reinstalling a newer crankshaft bolt, since usually that’s the cause and these older bolts and PWCs are prone to having those issues Of bolts stripping especially if they have ever been in saltwater through the years.

+1
    Ok great! im glad im not the only one to have this happen to me. thanks for the information and ill definetly try it, im going to pull the motor so it makes it easier and while the motor is out im going to send it off to be ported and polished as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information