Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anechets View Post
    L8RBRA, Thank you for your comment on the exact model I am looking at.

Some people say CRUISER seat is no go for full size guys because they cant slide down their butts half a seat to be comfortable. I am 5'11" with chronic aching in lower back. What is your height?

Is back support of CRUISER seat more of a help or obstacle to you?

Dis you try to pull anything like ski or wakeboard behind your PWC? Does it feel like you need any more power on pulling out of the water stage?
    I am 41, 6ft tall and nearly 240. I dont have a problem with the seat at all. Actually it is really comfortable. Wife likes it too and says its nice having her own butt backer and doesn't make it feel like shes going to slide off the back. I dont pull anything behind it but I know it has the power to do it. I rigged mine for fishing instead. I also have back problems and I dont notice them when riding. You can always move back to the 2nd tier if you want to but I dont find the need unless Im trying to get all aerodynamic n sh!t.
    The FX is a very stable machine right out of the box either way. If money isnt a issue I would pop for the FX over the VX. VX 1.8 is faster though. Probably mainly due to the weight of the ski.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... full size guys ... 5'11" with chronic aching in lower back...
    PWC riding, especially on water that is not smooth, can require some strength and stamina. Riding while seated in rough water can certainly be hard on the back.

The hull does not have suspension like a land vehicle and some wave impacts can be quite jarring. The seat padding (even the Cruiser seat) has a limited ability to absorb strong jolts.

We often ride long distances on water that is less than smooth, currently on GP1800 hulls. The primary method for reducing back injury is to not sit down on the seat. I ride standing up, almost all the time.

Standing up with my legs flexed, the hull can dance around under my feet while my upper body and head maintain a fairly level attitude.

Yes, this requires some leg strength and stamina. And some lower back strength. Exercise can help. Once you get used to riding with your upper body weight floating above the seat, rough water is much less jarring and less rider fatigue. You can travel faster on rough water and enjoy the trip.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2422130

Note that riding with seated passenger usually means the driver must also be seated.

Note the solo rider standing in these Yamaha promotional photos, seated with passenger(s).
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...l=1#post767806

It is possible for both rider and passenger to ride standing with flexed legs but requires both to be experienced and coordinated.

This week I made a few more steps towards owning the dream. So I wanted to share and ask some more questions.

While at Tampa FL, I visited local dealer (found on yamahawaverunners.com) and asked to show me EX, VX, FX and GP. Up until this week I didn't mount a FX and only had two times in my live rode rented waverunners (don't remember what models). So the owner of the store said he didn't have them in stock, only EX and GP. And he didn't give me any reason to buy from him v.s. buying from any other dealer in FL or GA. That was last Thursday...
    ... Last Friday I called another dealer close to my house in Atlanta GA and asked if they have FX on the floor. They said, yest, but when I went there, they didn't have any FX on the floor but plenty of EXs and SeeDoos.
    By now I thought that some higher power doesn't want me to get in to riding but looking for places to go with my family on Saturday I bumped in Boat Show in Atlanta WCS. Sure enough there was Waverunner booth, all models on the floor and not only I finally had a chance to see and touch FX Cruiser HO, I had my family to sit on it altogether.
    First thing my wife noticed and gave me very hard time about was the sticker, see attached

We went through all the stages of Freaking out, Laughing it out and finally accepting such limitations in wardrobe.
    I had a long talk to a sales guy (I believe Yamaha staffs their booth with local dealer's sales people).
    He is what he calculated: I want to share with the world and also ask if that is the best I can get for now and in a few months from now.
    Price on the website - $14,199

1. Price without Dealer Rigging and Preparations - $13,501 (that is what is getting taxed and it is the reason they use is as the starting price)
    2. Trailer, galvanized ComFab 2020 Single - $849
    3. Total purchase above - 14,350
    4. Georgia Sales Tax 6% - $861
    5. Dealer Rigging $698 is crossed, and replaced with - $299
    6. Freight - $399
    7. Doc Fees $249 is crossed, and replaced with - $149
    Total is $16,058

They also add a cover according to them value of $300 and 3 year extra warranty according to them value of $900.
    Looks not bad? Except I was thinking that with MSRP $14,199, I can get some hard bargain to 11k or 12k. May be last year model, may be a couple of scratches or 5 hours on the motor.
    Also was looking forward to boat shows in Fort Lauderdale and Miami hopeing to get a great deal there.
    Do I have my expectations too high?
    If I decide to buy a year or two-old one, where would I find a true value for it? Is there a Bluebook for waverunners available online for free?
    Thank you

+1
    Used Waverunner values are available on NADA.com

My opinion?..Waverunners are like every other recreational vehicle, There are ALOT of people that buy Boats,Campers and Waverunners/Jetskis brand new and ride or use them 1-2 times and then they sit in Garages for years and years..

I ALWAYS buy used.
    You can buy 2 Waverunners a couple years old with low hours/use on a double trailer for the cost of 1 Waverunner brand new.
    Last year I bought $35k Waverunner set SVHO Cruisers 3 years old with 50hrs for $17k.

Lastly I will say...If you haven't owned or ridden much?
    Riding with 2-3 people on 1 Waverunner gets old real fast..So just buy 2.
    (My opinion..Good luck)

+1
    With regards to going used, sometimes what you save with purchase price you spend in repairs. Watercraft, sportscar's and pickup truck's. 3 things you never want to buy used. They have either been babied or had the shit beat out of em. Unfortunately they only come two ways. It's real easy to polish a turd, but it's still a turd. For peace of mind and family enjoyment I would recomend going new and taking advantage of a manufacturer extended warranty. My only other suggestion is to properly insure your new vessel. Not only does it protect your investment but also any liability god forbid their was a accident.

Double post
    Last edited by norcom; 01-21-2020 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Double post

Do I have my expectations too high?
    I recently purchased a new 2019 EX Deluxe and there wasn’t much wiggle room on the price from the few places I tried. Some literally refused to quote me online or even over the phone. They wanted me to come in after I told them I lived a few hours away. I was able to find what I felt was a good deal but far from what I thought I could get. From everything I read it doesn’t seem there’s a huge markup on these toys but I still find that hard to believe. I do believe that there’s not a large market for these, at least I don’t see many here. And perhaps just because of such low volume they’re willing to wait until the last possible minute to get rid of stock. If there are any 2019s left, nows probably the best time to get them.

I do some towing with me and my gf and the TRX1 has plenty of power to yank me out of the water. Though she’s barely 100lbs and I’m 180. Oh and if you’ve never tried tubing, it’s quite hard. I didn’t enjoy it at all but mostly because wake/surf/foil towing is so much easier.

trckdrvr -
    Thank you for referral to nadaguides.com I put together a spreadsheet and built a chart looking for visual best year to get the most value. Surprise, surprise - used 2019 and 2018 are the best. But I am ready to consider up to 2014. In fact, I can even go for different model. What is mission critical for me is that I should be absolutely sure I am not buying a lemon. Buying from a friend, a neighbor a coworker etc. But it is either bad timing, or bad choice of model or nature of PWCs going on right now. I checked Craigslist in my area - nothing, only old trash for too much money. I checked Miami and St. Pete area - there are only 2-3 units for sale by dealers and it looks shady even on the photo. Should I look somewhere else on special used PWC for sales sites?
    ...just googled foil towing! If I didnt find it on youtube and watch it, I would never believe it can be done. Never so anybody doing that on Lake Lanier in Georgia....
    So for now I am leaning towards moparguy - unless I find something used soon, I will suck it up and buy a new one.

... Should I try to find a trailer from a manufacturer and buy it direct instead of going through the dealer?

Besides extended warranty, Cover, trailer and fire extinguisher, what else dealer will try to sell me?
    Last edited by anechets; 01-22-2020 at 01:24 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by anechets
    ;

... Should I try to find a trailer from a manufacturer and buy it direct instead of going through the dealer?
    A big mistake we all have made at some point is tried to cheap out on the trailer.
    Buy a Triton Trailer, hands down best handling trailers on the market. Price point they are within a couple hundred of most trailers.
    Last edited by K447; 01-22-2020 at 11:22 AM.

10. +1 by:

Hi, late to the party, better late than never !. i purchased my '15 waverunner fx ho cruiser from a dealer, brand new, after all said and done with taxes, set up fee's, all that stuff, i think it was around 15k when i paid it off. they tossed in 2 life jackets, oem cover. i then made the drive to nashville,tn, and bought a brand new triton trailer, like the one k447 mentioned, by far the best jet ski trailer you will ever purchase !. i dont have family ?, no kids, i am 5'-11'', about 140 lbs. i have had it down in FL awhile back breaking it in, handled great on the open water. my .02's worth , buy a new fx ho cruiser, triton trailer, and not look back !. prices will vary dealer to dealer, state to state. ski season is almost here, most dealers are going to try for all the money they can get from you. its always best to buy new at the end of the season, as most dealers want to clear out old stock. i have not looked at new colors lately ?, but when i last checked ?, the new colors after '15 just look bad too me..lol. good luck on what ever you decide on, i just know you will have a blast !.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information