2019 RXT-X 300 stage 1 question

Finished installing SCOM, Riva Power Filter Kit, Riva Catch Can, and Riva Performance Exhaust last week.

Do I need a tune for this set up? Will it run too lean? (Florida)

Did not see any reference to mapping for Stage 1 on Riva site, so assumed it wasnít necessary, but as I think through the setup, I want to be sure.

I do not see a tune for this in their library.

I probably wonít mod past this, just new to all of this and appreciate some education so I donít mess up my new toy.

if I do need to tune, whatís the most cost effective thing to do if staying at this setup?

+1
    The modifications you just did to your RXTX won't change the air fuel ratio at all or very minimally and not enough to worry, since you installed the SCOM you don't have to do any tuning until you want more speed from your machine, if you're happy with how it performs now just ride it and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rxtxruss View Post
    The modifications you just did to your RXTX won't change the air fuel ratio at all or very minimally and not enough to worry, since you installed the SCOM you don't have to do any tuning until you want more speed from your machine, if you're happy with how it performs now just ride it and enjoy!
    That is the answer I want to hear, just got sideways on the AFR issue since the 4” pipe is so notably bigger. Seems like a lot more air passing through.

So, what would change the AFR substantially to require a tune? Valve springs? Thinking of AFR only.

When I did similar mods on my Harley, I never tuned or upgraded O2 sensors, never had a problem except a little scavenging on deceleration. Stock ECU seemed to handle it fine.

Same situation I guess?

+1
    You're correct, it's pretty much the same situation as the Harley, those few mods don't change the air fuel ratio enough to worry about, it would be nice if these machines came with O2 sensors from the factory but you could always add one in the future if you wanted to monitor your air fuel ratio, and a larger super charger wheel would definitely change the air fuel to the point that you would want a tune then, but for now the ecu can make enough small adjustments

+1
    Once you change your boost level, timing or cam profile you'll need to tinker with the AFR. All modern vehicles, boats, PWCs etc use fuel trimming. It's a compensation method for different pressures so say in the winter time when you're making more power you don't toast a piston. Trims allow a percentage of additional fuel to be added or removed. These skis also have a knock profile which will aggressively pull timing if you detonate due to crap fuel or not enough fuel.

Thread Information