Thread: 08 rxt255

08 rxt255

Going to buy this ski with 180hr and receipts for service and charger rebuild, any thing to look out for? Iíve heard of the tunnel cracking but after 12yrs if it hasnít cracked already would it be safe to say itís probably not going to crack? Cheers

+1
    I’m not familiar with hearing about the tunnels cracking. I own a 08 PX & TX 255 Picked up the RXT-X for the motor a few ago to replace the one in RXP-X that had all the mods. I would change the rubber booth out back on the VTS rod, those dry rot over time an allow water inside the VTS housing. Also check the wear ring & prop. Best of luck with your purchase

Billy D

Quote Originally Posted by 4-keeps View Post
    Iím not familiar with hearing about the tunnels cracking. I own a 08 PX & TX 255 Picked up the RXT-X for the motor a few ago to replace the one in RXP-X that had all the mods. I would change the rubber booth out back on the VTS rod, those dry rot over time an allow water inside the VTS housing. Also check the wear ring & prop. Best of luck with your purchase

Billy D

no worries thanks, the pump has just been pulled down and bearings/wear ring etc. inspected/greased

+1
    Maybe check the motor mounts. Those skis bounce alot. Mine just broke I'm probably around 180hrs. Double check any rubber hoses with stock clamps I've read those can be an issue and DO check the inside of the VTS especially if it's been ran in salt water. Other than that I have a 2010 rxpx and loooove it. Super fun

+1
    I reinforced the tunnel from the inside in mine years ago as a precaution but unless the ski has been jumped a lot probably of no concern. The early T-X built a lot of tunnel pressure & were light hulls for the day but I think most ruptures were likely from the tunnel unloading & loading suddenly under heavy throttle. Like was mentioned, the VTS boot should be replaced every couple years. If the carbon seal bellows has never been replaced do it as well. Mine has been a fantastic machine. RR

Thread Information