Thread: 2012 fx problem

+1

2012 fx problem

Ski has been running awesome over summer. Today towards the end of the day ski would go from full throttle to loss of power like supercharger clutches toasted. I know cause i have done 3 sets . Let off the throttle and back full power again. Sometimes it took a few on and off throttle blimps to get full power again. No alarms or beeping noises. Has me baffled did it several times error code 1 is normal

+1
    Check for water past coils
    Or could be a fuel pump failing

+1
    replace sparkplugs re test first

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by syk03t View Post
    Ski has been running awesome over summer. Today towards the end of the day ski would go from full throttle to loss of power like supercharger clutches toasted. I know cause i have done 3 sets . Let off the throttle and back full power again. Sometimes it took a few on and off throttle blimps to get full power again. No alarms or beeping noises. Has me baffled did it several times error code 1 is normal
    Your describing the exact behavior of a slipping clutch, have you upgraded to the new style 2013+ clutch kit? You may get lucky and just have a boost leak. Check the intercooler and throttle body clamps
    Last edited by Yamafzs; 01-02-2020 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

+1
    Throttle body damper is a known issue also on them, leaking boost at peak rpm

+1
    Guys i doubt its supercharger clutch as it was changed to the newer style 20hrs ago to 2013 setup. Dampner was also done to the Riva one so I doubt it's split. My guess is i been having throttle body issues. I had to unsieze my throttle body. Could that be a problem and cause it to loss of power without a code or limp

+1
    Guys i doubt its supercharger clutch as it was changed to the newer style 20hrs ago to 2013 setup. Dampner was also done to the Riva one so I doubt it's split. My guess is i been having throttle body issues. I had to unsieze my throttle body. Could that be a problem and cause it to loss of power without a code or limp
    Unsieze the actuator??

+1
    Unsieze the actuator?? Or the butterfly? (Only downfall of running a crankcase breather bypass, no lube to the throttle body in salt air).. not sure if this is your problem but. I recently heard a guy had similar problem. It was bad map sensor, ecu was pulling timing and wire throttle would close .... just an fyi. I spanked a brand new clutch in 10 hrs,, what wheel are you running stock? Or higher boost?

+1
    No the butterfly was seized but had too pull the whole thing apart even where the electrical and little motor is behind the black cap on throttle assymbley. That was done 10hrs ago trouble free tho. I have a low et boost wheel so 14psi

Thread Information