Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

3D printer recommendations?

Looking for recommendations.

Also - I have a solid works CAD file for a one piece Chilton Gas cap - looking to have someone to print one to test?

Thanks

Tim
    twchies@gmail.com

+1

3D printer recommendations?

This is right up Beerdart’s alley. Hopefully he chimes in.

I recently picked up a flash forge printer for my kids as a Xmas gift. So far so cool, Still some serious learning to do. I’ll email you for the file.

+1
    Shoot me the file ill print it in PETG. Or upload to. https://www.facebook.com/groups/157943978254419/

+1
    I've been casually looking at 3D printers for a while now. Price-wise, it looks like the Creality Ender 3 is the best bang for the buck out there and does as good or better than many that cost much more. But if price isn't an object, anything Prusa is a good choice.

There is a "new" contender, though. It's called the Artillery and it's coming on strong.

In another category, there's the Elegoo Mars resin printer which seems to be another up-and-comer. The only reason I didn't put it first is that during testing parts appear to be stronger with a conventional 3D printer. But that only matters if you're printing stuff that will be stressed. And generally the parts produced by a resin printer will look a liitle smoother, so there's that.

+1
    Good advice IMO the new Prusa Mini is the new one to look at being 32bit and twice the speed of conventional I3.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    I've been casually looking at 3D printers for a while now. Price-wise, it looks like the Creality Ender 3 is the best bang for the buck out there and does as good or better than many that cost much more. But if price isn't an object, anything Prusa is a good choice.

There is a "new" contender, though. It's called the Artillery and it's coming on strong.

In another category, there's the Elegoo Mars resin printer which seems to be another up-and-comer. The only reason I didn't put it first is that during testing parts appear to be stronger with a conventional 3D printer. But that only matters if you're printing stuff that will be stressed. And generally the parts produced by a resin printer will look a liitle smoother, so there's that.

+1
    Any recommendations for a 3d scanner

+1
    Printing corrected model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	457091  

+1
    Alternative - some folks might want to look into outsourcing the job, rather than investing in a printer ... A site called "makexyz" is just one of a few that aims to connect you to local printers in your area. Not all printers are alike and not all printing methods/materials (plastics) are suitable for in-service production use - i.e., some printers will 1st print a model, then "cast" a final part from that, etc...

Oh... and those of you that already own a printer ... can register on these same sites to keep the dust off your investment.

+1
    https://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers--3d-printer-kits/pp_009992598572.html?wid=1433363]And this one just popped up for $99

[img]https://www.nerdsheaven.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2019-12-19-11_20_33-easythreed®-x1-mini-3d-printer-100_100_100mm-printing-size-for-household-educati-388x300.png[/img]

[/FONT]

+1
    Just ran across this guy yesterday. First time I've seen him, but here's some info:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information