Came Across An 2011 SD wake 215

Went to look at a boat saw an 2011 SD Wake-215 look good from outside, died battery could not get hrs, open the seat look into hull Had water up to bottom of drive shaft and foot wells, has been outside for long time and open drain (Bilge) plugs, Can water get inside of motor, want to cut a deal because of water in hull and possible water in motor, any thoughts let me know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by grinchmonster2000 View Post
    Went to look at a boat saw an 2011 SD Wake-215 look good from outside, died battery could not get hrs, open the seat look into hull Had water up to bottom of drive shaft and foot wells, has been outside for long time and open drain (Bilge) plugs, Can water get inside of motor, want to cut a deal because of water in hull and possible water in motor, any thoughts let me know.
    Run, dont walk. It's a bottomless money pit

+1
    If you are good with wrenching and the price is low go for it.

+1
    Run away. Look at it this way, if your trying to sell a ski that can run, would you not at least have a good battery in it to show it can run?
    Its been sitting for a reason, and dead battery is not it.
    Unless they are paying you to take it, move on. Or you can bring your own battery and get the hours, compression test it and hear it run.
    Then you have to check the supercharger clutches because if they are gone, it more money!

OK,
    They have had Doo`s before the older they sit outside in back of shop, The newer ones 2017 to 2014`s or inside plus its off season right now thats why im scanning the shops for used parts, I have a blown GTX-185 will need a complete Long block, Or it about $2500+ to replace with rebuild or Remanufactured so i happen to ask questions, the salesman had no idea or info on Doo but is for sale and when i look into the hull it had standing water almost to Drive shaft so i started to think about what kind of deal i could get from that and what condition the ski is in, if i can get a motor or Doo thats running or Rotating i can rebuild from that, Back in Oct the had a 2008 RXTX-255 with 175 hrs (Running) for sale it was a trade-in sold it in 2 days, they don`t work on anything 10-years old they sale for cheap.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    with water up to the driveshaft it's likely the engine is toast. find something else or low ball it down to $300 since it's likely got very little good salvage on it anyway and it takes time and effort to part out a ski and sell the parts.

IF the console and ecu end up being functional, there's your by in money plus a few bucks to help with the disposal of the hull.

you'll likely have to cut the drive shaft to get the engine out.

+1
    If the water has only gotten up to the crankshaft, it most likely didn't get in the engine at that level. See if it will start. If not, I would also pull the plugs and see if any water shoots out when its cranked. Hold the throttle wide open when cranking, this kills the spark and the fuel. If no water, do a compression check. If compression is all good, I'd go for it.

Ok,
    Thanks to all who replied, Plans to go back with battery and compression gauge to check things out then offer about $1000 to $1200, if that too high an offer cause my other choice i`ve been seeing 4tec-SC shortblock going $1200 to $1600 used some with no heads.(Lock up GTX-185) the piston actually blew up.

Thread Information