Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talking Ultra 250x final step !!!

Hi,

I finish engine rebuild and now before install engine I remove the intercooler and this what is inside it :

After cleaning with lacquer thinner...............

It is in good condition and Is there things I should check before install engine ???

thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191224_192618.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	456868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191224_192645.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	456869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1384.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	456885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1383.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	456884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1385.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	456886  
    Last edited by king; 12-26-2019 at 12:51 AM.

That's awful rusty, more then just oil in there! Did it sink and sit with water in it?

That being said, I'd start looking for a new/used intercooler in better condition

Quote Originally Posted by mwhc View Post
    That's awful rusty, more then just oil in there! Did it sink and sit with water in it?

That being said, I'd start looking for a new/used intercooler in better condition
    I don't know because I buy it as not working and owner ask me it sink before but he repaired it.

thank you

+1
    What about using the spray you use to clean outside ac condensers. You can get it at HD or lowes. I’d also try getting a plastic bin and fill it up with water and degreaser and let it soak. Watch out for certain degreasers bc they don’t interact with aluminum to good.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisracerx View Post
    What about using the spray you use to clean outside ac condensers. You can get it at HD or lowes. I’d also try getting a plastic bin and fill it up with water and degreaser and let it soak. Watch out for certain degreasers bc they don’t interact with aluminum to good.
    You mean these spray cans for cleaning the coil :

and the degreaser you mean the liquid in bottle or in spray can also ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l400.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	456894   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-hvac-cleaners-sealers-wcoil19-64_1000.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	456895  

Last edited by mwhc; 12-26-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Get a new/used cooler

I will make an leak test to check if there any leaks in the intercooler.
    But, If it pass the leak test is this mean it's in good condition and I don't need to change the intercooler anymore?

thank you mwhc

+1
    That coil cleaner works well for AC. Never tried it on the intercooler but it should be ok. If the pressure test is good you don’t NEED to change the intercooler but it won’t work well if you can’t clean those fins thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    That coil cleaner works well for AC. Never tried it on the intercooler but it should be ok. If the pressure test is good you don’t NEED to change the intercooler but it won’t work well if you can’t clean those fins thoroughly.
    I clean the intercooler coil with small needle to smash the salt in between and it pass the leak test. Today,I install everything after full rebuild engine (new crankshaft,new connecting rod, new piston , new piston ring, every gasket,seals and o-rings changed include bearings,etc....)

but when I try to start it I got ''FI'' on screen with buzzer and then it goes and then I get low battery warning after that ''batt''. The starter turn over and engine rotate but there is no sign that show the engine want start.

Can battery low voltage cause this ????

thank you

I rebuilt a 260x 2 years ago. Make sure you have spark first. Carefully pull out a plug and put it in the coil plug and ground it on a shiny bolt on your valve cover. If you got spark then check for fuel actually spraying out of the injectors. All 4 of my injectors were not spraying just from sitting too long. I checked this by leaving the fuel supply line connected to the rail but I removed the entire rail off from the head and had all 4 injectors out in the air. If you put the key in and the fuel pump primes and then you go to crank the motor and it doesnt spray out the injectors then they are seized up and need to be freed up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information