Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alternate location for oil catch can 2019 RXTX

Got the Riva oil catch can. Rounded the torx bolt on the exhaust manifold trying to get it off to install the mounting bracket. I guess I will kick the can down the road.

Has anybody mounted this in an alternate location? Would appreciate thoughts on how to do that.

I am doing the performance airflow kit as well and it seems like the catch can would be better off elsewhere. Hard to access with the air kit in place. Any ideas?

+1

Not sure about the Riva can as i wasn't fond of it being plastic and where they put it. I have the catch can from fizzle which is metal and it attaches to the front engine hook mounting location.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fizzle Catch Can.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	456848  

Get your catch can from JP Racing or Fizzle. The Riva can is, one too hard to install, 2 in a bad location, 3 and you won't be able to drain if needed without taking the battery our or taking filter off and siphoning.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryV View Post
    Get your catch can from JP Racing or Fizzle. The Riva can is, one too hard to install, 2 in a bad location, 3 and you won't be able to drain if needed without taking the battery our or taking filter off and siphoning.
    If the can is baffled correctly, you should not be able to siphon the oil from the filter opening which is probably why i hear people complaining about the Riva spitting fluid from the filter.

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by GaryV View Post
    This is how I learn.....one $150.00 mistake at a time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Superflylover View Post
    I would ask a more fundamental question and that is "why do you need a catch can at all?". Let the flaming begin.

Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    I would ask a more fundamental question and that is "why do you need a catch can at all?". Let the flaming begin.
    Oh man! Never discuss religion, politics, or catch cans at parties.

My small thinking, it makes sense for the efficacy of the IC. My opinion after reading all the back and forth. I run the ski hard for extended periods, so figure it is better to have it.

What doesnít make sense is mounting it where you cannot service it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    OK, I'll bite.....
    If you run the oil level mid kink or lower on a stock ski, you might not have a need. I did not have any oil in my can for a long time, but after I added a simple SCOM, the prolonged higher RPMs did start pushing oil into the can. The oil is much thinner than the regular engine oil, more like distillates and condensation. I do not want that in my IC. The plasma cylinders of the 300 produce more blow by than the 260 and most of the cans out there will spit some fine droplets of oil out the vent. I use a small sock on my "Fizzle".

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Superflylover View Post
    The mistake is that apparently you didn't have the correct torx socket remove the exhaust bolt. All is not lost, it should be easy to adapt it to another location such as the Fizzle by fabricating a simple bracket.

11. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    The mistake is that apparently you didn't have the correct torx socket remove the exhaust bolt. All is not lost, it should be easy to adapt it to another location such as the Fizzle by fabricating a simple bracket.
    Is there a special torx for that application? The one I used has been sufficient for everything else. Anything unique about the ex man? I assume it is not reverse thread. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information