Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Unsprung weight

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    Cj has some skills!!!!
    " CJ has have some skills ?" You would not always think that, when once I was cooking soup in a pressure cooker and the lid blew off because I did not put it on right. WHAT A MESS, had to paint the ceiling and walls after that....I got skills for painting.... We are still finding reminits of that explosion, dried soup noodles, peas, carrots, behind things in the kitchen. So....?? still think that of me??? lol lol That was one day. Dam pot lifted right off the stove like a rocket gushing out soup as it lifted off, could not believe my eyes, hit the dam ceiling..put a big dent in the ceiling.

So anyway Seabrook, when are you going to call me over to make some soup for your family? But But But........please let me, I have a paint brush
    Last edited by cjk6119; 01-11-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Did you Tig-Weld yours or buy a new
    shaft?
    new shaft, i wanted the extra oil line...just saying. i use to do a bit of welding and tig is far better than mig for this type of job...u put the heat where u need it. u can but weld it without using a filler rod...now dont get ut panties all up in a knot, ok...im sure ur's is fine. LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    new shaft, i wanted the extra oil line...just saying. i use to do a bit of welding and tig is far better than mig for this type of job...u put the heat where u need it. u can but weld it without using a filler rod...now dont get ut panties all up in a knot, ok...im sure ur's is fine. LOL
    I like the "gentlemen`s weld" Tig is much cleaner and a MUCH nicer looking weld.

Take Care
    CJ

+1
    Well I put a BOV on the ski, lighten the idler gear to the supercharger, drained the synthetic oil and filled it with conventional 15w40, installed New CR clutch. I brought the ski down to the lake today and went for a test ride. Everything is fine except the BOV, a Tial BOV sounds like someone's toilet flushing when it opens, I don't like the noise of it at all.

The boost the supercharger was making last summer was 14psi now it is 18-19 psi. Much more midrange now.

CJ
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-24-2020 at 06:44 PM.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Well I put a BOV on the ski, lighten the idler gear to the supercharger, drained the synthetic oil and filled it with conventional 15w40, installed New CR clutch. I brought the ski down to the lake today and went for a test ride. Everything is fine except the BOV, a Tial BOV sounds like someone's toilet flushing when it opens, I don't like the noise of it at all.

The boost the supercharger was making last summer was 14psi now it is 18-19 psi. Much more midrange now.

CJ
    What spring on the tial ?

+1
    Ha we are all so different. I wish my tial was louder. Granted it may be louder on the new SVHO vs the SHO I had it on (5-6lbs more boost). Next ride will tell.

the HKS the SVHO had on it was a lot louder then my tial on my sho the one day I got both out this year.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1

Unsprung weight

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    Ha we are all so different. I wish my tial was louder. Granted it may be louder on the new SVHO vs the SHO I had it on (5-6lbs more boost). Next ride will tell.

the HKS the SVHO had on it was a lot louder then my tial on my sho the one day I got both out this year.
    The hks is louder but donít move as much air as the tial. Get a lighter spring fir the tial, 2 or 3 pound it will get louder and thats what tial recommends for supercharged applications
    Last edited by 1_Fast_SHO; 02-24-2020 at 10:36 PM.

+1
    The SHO was at 10lbs boost and the tial has the green 2 lbs spring.

the SVHO is at 8700 rpms/ 14-16lbs boost and the HKS. It was loud could hear it in videos too.

now sold the sho with the swapped HKS on it. And the fizzle and tial on th SVHO I kept. But have not rode it with that set up cause of rain and cold ha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    What spring on the tial ?
    Sam, I really don't have any idea what spring it came with.This BOV is all new to me. When I had my Buick Grand National it had no BOV. I did later this evening found that the BOV was sticking open, I took a qtip with some grease and applied it to the piston of the BOV and now moves much more freely by hand. Now it sounds much different when it opens. It could be that it was so cold outside and needed to be lubed a bit.

It now has a deeper sound and sounds the same each time I let off the throttle now after lubing the piston. ( the neighbor's driveway light went on, I might have annoyed them a bit this evening )

If you want me to I could call Jim at Fizzle to find out what the spring pressure is? BTW They are very nice people to do business with.
    Thanks Jimmy ...

Take Care
    CJ
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-25-2020 at 12:03 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    Get a lighter spring fir the tial, 2 or 3 pound it will get louder and thats what tial recommends for supercharged applications
    I must have overlooked your post. It has to have a very light spring inside because it was so easy to open by hand.

Take Care
    CJ
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-25-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information