Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Yes, that's normal and expected for the FI signals. They are not pure on/off like the coil signal, rather pulsed within the pulse (aka PWM).

+1
    When cranking I have 12v going to the ignition coil but I don't have earth.
    The earth block is fine.
    I have continuity from the earth block to each coil earth
    Is the earth switched from ecm / security box ?

I know the security box switches earth for the start solenoid

Now thinking ecm or I need a fob programmed

I might try earthing the earth supply to the coils

+1
    Update
    Brought a permanent earth from the battery to the side of the earth block that feeds earth to the ignition coils and boom she fired right up.

Now I'm thinking it must be a new security fob I need

Could also be ecm but think its time to get a fob first

+1
    Was a fob and ecm on eBay in Uk earlier but is it not just a bad earth?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F124016443457

New fob would need coding to current ecm https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=3707

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    Was a fob and ecm on eBay in Uk earlier but is it not just a bad earth?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 124016443457

New fob would need coding to current ecm https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=3707

Thanks for that. I will order the key programmer now from 4tec
    No its not just a bad earth. It no earth to the side of the earth block that supplies earth to the ignition coils.
    Im thinking the security box cuts this earth from the ECM when the ski is not fully unlocked (not 100% sure on this, just i theory at the minute)

There is a European fob and a USA fob. Will cjeck that one out on ebay to make sure its Euro.

Thanks for your help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan1506 View Post
    There is a European fob and a USA fob. Will cjeck that one out on ebay to make sure its Euro.

Thanks for your help
    my ski in UK is grey import so has a US fob.......

+1
    . . . .
    Im thinking the security box cuts this earth from the ECM when the ski is not fully unlocked (not 100% sure on this, just i theory at the minute)
    Hope this helps …
    I’m looking at a 2009-2012 (shouldn’t be that much more different) wiring diagram for the SHO … and I’m seeing no electronics (ECM) or other switchable devices that could or would interrupt the earth ground for the ignition coils. Earth simply goes routes back to the (-) eventually.

As I posted previously, there is a 10-pin coupler/union connector splicing 8 total earth connections. 4 are for the coils, 2 the earth plate, fuel pump, & bilge pump. I’d highly suggest to locate this coupler on the harness, pop the cover off, you see all the pins. Check for corrosion. Then check (light tester) pins 2 & 9 are the ones going back to the earth plate on the back of the engine. The Cover of the coupler is what links all the pins electrically – I think.

Oh, if your model has an OEM bilge pump, go ahead and unplug its connector, as Rule (pun) it out – since it does use the same earth circuit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Hope this helps
    Im looking at a 2009-2012 (shouldnt be that much more different) wiring diagram for the SHO and Im seeing no electronics (ECM) or other switchable devices that could or would interrupt the earth ground for the ignition coils. Earth simply goes routes back to the (-) eventually.

As I posted previously, there is a 10-pin coupler/union connector splicing 8 total earth connections. 4 are for the coils, 2 the earth plate, fuel pump, & bilge pump. Id highly suggest to locate this coupler on the harness, pop the cover off, you see all the pins. Check for corrosion. Then check (light tester) pins 2 & 9 are the ones going back to the earth plate on the back of the engine. The Cover of the coupler is what links all the pins electrically I think.

Oh, if your model has an OEM bilge pump, go ahead and unplug its connector, as Rule (pun) it out since it does use the same earth circuit.

Time bandit
    Yes that earth block is where I have been doing all my testing from
    Continuity from that block to coils is good
    The 8 connections within the cap on closer inspection are not linked. There is a break in the removable caps pins.
    Top pins are linked within the cap
    Bottom pins linked within the cap

I'll try the bilge pump also
    I'll take another look at the wiring diagram

Thanks

+1
    . . . .
    There is a break in the removable caps pins.
    Top pins are linked within the cap
    Bottom pins linked within the cap
    . . . .
    Hmmmm..... well my service manual only goes up to 2012 HO & SHO, illustrates no sub-grouping of pins, so I'll stop-short of asserting how yours is supposed to be.
    That said, can you attach a pic of yours? Maybe someone else here w/ same make model could confirm??

FWIW, I have a 2012 VXR, but I'll go ahead and try looking at mine (if I can remember when I get back home - LOL).

+1
    I have an 08 sho and have had earth block off twice wasn’t planning on doing it again but one thing I have found is these skis seem very sensitive to high impedance faults as well as continuity check impedance on the grounds and the battery terminals I have had to replace the OEM ring terminals and clean them as ski wouldn’t start and it’s was poor battery connections can’t recall if it was 12v or ground that was the culprit but caused weird issues.......

11. +1 by:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information