Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by speed51133 View Post
    looks real good!

I can't believe how out of center it all was from the factory. Is it possible it moved somehow? Did you try rotating the engine and seeing if there was any noticeable runout? How was it even functioning properly??
    The driveshafts allow for some "play" but obviously not that much movement. I honestly don't understand how this one lasted just over 100 hours as it was. I saw no signs of loose engine mounts or missing motor shims laying anywhere.

Regardless, I finished the ski up Sunday. While I had it the owner had me do a 90hp tune and I installed a manual reverse kit. Saved the guy a ton of money considering the dealership thought it was the old style crankshaft and I guarantee they would've moved straight to pulling the motor and replacing it. He got super lucky with the March 2016 build date.

So what's the final bill in something like this?

+1
    Total bill was ~ $1750. Including oil change, new crank adapter, new driveshaft, associated seals, engine alignment, reverse kit, 90hp tune. Labor was less than parts cost. His dealer wanted at least double if I had to guess. I wasn't given the dealers exact estimate but he told me it was about what the ski is worth...he was very happy with everything and even paid a little extra.

For reference, I charge significantly less in labor compared to dealerships in my area...and frankly, from what I've been told from customers, they seem to never know what they are doing. I don't do this full time. Its just a side gig that gets crazy busy during riding season.

Where in IL are you??

+1
    Southern IL about 2 hrs from St. Louis (South East)

Furthest customer yet was a guy last spring from Oklahoma (who had a summer place near the Mississippi river). He brought a pair of Ultra 150s. One with a bad crank and the other needing gone through after sitting for a while.

Oh. I'm in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area. I have the old style crank. Hope I never need a mechanic....I may just sink the damn thing in the middle of the lake if the output shafts fubars.

I just don't have the time to DIY, unless I just swapped the engine I guess.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information