Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 Seadoo RXP-X not starting!

What's up guys, I recently came a 2016 RXT-X and a RXP-X for a good price. However, as of now theres a catch. As per the seller, the RXP-X, with about 60 hours, lost the carbon seal in July 2019 and the ski took on water. Seller took the ski out of the water, drained everything and parked it. Seller states water didnt get into the motor and stated the oil was in good shape and was not milky. The ski won't turn over or fire now. Seller states he attempted to jump the starter with negative results. I can still get a decent deal on these two so I'm asking you guys what this could be. I'm interested in hearing any and all potential issues that this could be. Also, not saying the seller is lying but anything else that this could be I'd be interested in hearing also. I'm going to head there sometime this week and try to make something work. Hopefully it'll be something simple and I can get a great deal on these two.

Thanks guys!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I'd offer him 1/3 of book value, and they may not even be worth that if it's ecu and harness damage

anybody knows that a ski that doesn't even turn over after sinkage and the owner left it to rot has little value, except maybe to a guy like me.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerCom View Post
    What's up guys, I recently came a 2016 RXT-X and a RXP-X for a good price. However, as of now theres a catch. As per the seller, the RXP-X, with about 60 hours, lost the carbon seal in July 2019 and the ski took on water. Seller took the ski out of the water, drained everything and parked it. Seller states water didnt get into the motor and stated the oil was in good shape and was not milky. The ski won't turn over or fire now. Seller states he attempted to jump the starter with negative results. I can still get a decent deal on these two so I'm asking you guys what this could be. I'm interested in hearing any and all potential issues that this could be. Also, not saying the seller is lying but anything else that this could be I'd be interested in hearing also. I'm going to head there sometime this week and try to make something work. Hopefully it'll be something simple and I can get a great deal on these two.

Thanks guys!

I would walk away.. If that engine is seized or seized and a bad ecu, it will cost a lot to repair. Then who knows what else can be wrong with it due to it sinking..

I'm merely assuming some of the skis conditions right now. I'm unsure if the ski ran after the sinkage. He did state that he drained the ski and checked the oil, that's as far as I got. Is there anyway to check if the motor or ecu is bad by going to look at it? Will a 26go ECU work? Can I bring anything from one of my 260's to test? I should be able to borrow a 300 ECU if the 260 ECU wont work, just gotta make sure nothing can happen to it. He's assuming the starter is shot but that could be a locked up motor, charger or pump from what I've learned, are there any ways to free up a locked up charger, motor, or pump due to water damage? Thanks for the comments guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    I would walk away.. If that engine is seized or seized and a bad ecu, it will cost a lot to repair. Then who knows what else can be wrong with it due to it sinking..
    I can get both the RXT and RXP along with an aluminum trailer for $13k at this point. Both skis show 60-70 hours.

+1
    I can still get a decent deal on these
    Only if there was a sign of life on both...

He could have fried the ECU by jumping it...engine could be totally locked up due to water intrusion...

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    Only if there was a sign of life on both...

He could have fried the ECU by jumping it...engine could be totally locked up due to water intrusion...

_exactly_ I'd bet the ecu is toast, just because the j word was mentioned.

of course people have been ignoring the advice of the forum members here lately in regards to these oak island skis, so if you think its a good deal then go for it.

I'm sure you'll end up spending more in time and parts then you would have on a runner, but hey..it was a deal, wasn't it?

Unless of course if you are very very lucky and it just turns out top be a blown fuse.

btw, was that ski sunk in salt water by any chance?

9. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    _exactly_ I'd bet the ecu is toast, just because the j word was mentioned.

of course people have been ignoring the advice of the forum members here lately in regards to these oak island skis, so if you think its a good deal then go for it.

I'm sure you'll end up spending more in time and parts then you would have on a runner, but hey..it was a deal, wasn't it?

Unless of course if you are very very lucky and it just turns out top be a blown fuse.

btw, was that ski sunk in salt water by any chance?
    I mean, $13k for a 2016 RXT-X with an aluminum double trailer seems like the going rate. So its almost like getting the RXP-X for free, maybe 1-2k.

He advised that the ski ran afterwards. The ski sank because of a bad carbon seal and motor mount. He has both the motor mount and carbon seal still uninstalled. The skis have been inside a heated garage since July. If the ECU is in fact bad, it still seems like a decent deal. Id probably be buying these to flip anyways. Id be interested in getting some new skis with a warranty.

+1
    Is this ski a fresh water ski or salt water ski?

+1
    Sounds to me you have your mind made up to buy the 2 junk skis and no matter what we tell you here and you are not going to change your mind. I say 2 junks skis, because I know you say the carbon ring failed on the PX, but look at how he took care of it after. There are things that can be done to a ski after it sinks to save it and if the ski does not want to turn over then he probably did not do them and its probably locked up. This lets me believe that he does not take care of his skis, so that makes the TX just a much junk as the PX.
    Sorry to be kinda harsh, but that what I see

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information