Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutted waterbox

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbutta View Post
    Pipe down CJ(pun intended) The OP expressed that he wants the ski LESS obnoxious.
    h2Jim, if you were in Trump county, I would send you one modified correctly that sounds bad-ass. Did you cut the tube inside the waterbox?
    Lol LOl I like it...... I love puns as you can see in my past posts. Trust me nothing sounds better than lots of duration between lifts. Yea send it to me ...love to hear a real motor. Will send my email to you...and thanks.

Take Care CJ

+1
    Hottbutta you steering him towards Tommy`s Mod ? If not that might be a good idea instead of gutting the box. Hummmm

+1
    I don't want to jump into the frying pan here but, I too am not fond of the loud obnoxious exhaust. It gives peopla another reason to complain and try to ban them. You can increase flow and power without increasing noise. Companies like flowmaster and Thrush have proven this years ago.

You can add a resonator to make the exhaust less "tinny" sounding.
    Like this...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jones-Exhau...edirect=mobile

It will also quiet it down a bit and still retain that straight thru power.

Lake Lion
    +1
    Myself wouldn't use that and neither should Myself.(see what I did there?) That resonator has fiberglass in it. We need one with stainless wool.
    CJK, the Tommy Jordan is good but I mod the actual water box correctly. It took Riva 6 months of R&D to get their waterbox the way they wanted. It took us Even longer.

+1
    [QUOTE=Myself;3054028]
    You can add a resonator to make the exhaust less "tinny" sounding.

It will also quiet it down a bit and still retain that straight thru power.[/QUOTE]

I made your name bold Myself so people reading would not think I am talking to myself.

You just might be on something that could be really good Myself a resonator. Like Hotbutta said it would need smoething other then fiberglass. The fiberglass would get wet and cause restrictions. It would most likely sound very throaty with Myself`s idea.

Lake Lion
    +1
    Here is a version. He wanted it a little louder, so we altered the length of the box.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5393dGl...=1mv52l9vzxy5v

+1
    You not getting enough? Or little man syndrome going on,?.

He hasn't done it to your ski you know. Get over it man ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    If you are not on a closed course, you should not be doing these exhaust mods.

LOOK AT ME.... LOOK AT MEEEE
    I HAVE NO EXHAUST

You people who do these exhaust mods (gutted waterbox) give the people who ride PWC~S a bad rap to the people that live on or near the water. You are also very inconsiderate to vacationing families, boaters, and fisherman as well. You are also breaking the law for high noise levels. Other people using the water don't want to hear your over obnoxious noisey ski, nor does the wildlife that's in the area. With over 2,000 posts you people have, I would think by now you would know all this. If this offends you,well..your noise from your ski offends me and others around you are offended. So, grow up and set an example for your kids. Leave the inside`s of the waterbox alone.

There are alot of people on this forum who feel this way. If you do respond to this post, be mature in your response to the people on this forum who will read your response.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Paige
    You not getting enough? Or little man syndrome going on,?.
    He hasn't done it to your ski you know. Get over it man ffs

Scott Paige you are 42 years old and you talk like that."ffs" You don`t have a very good command of the English Language when use vulgar words like that. Tells a lot of who you are and your lack of education . You and Mr mwhc should form a classroom together.

Your Queen should be horrified of you using that acronym, "ffs"
    It has no place on this forum,
    Get over it dude.
    Last edited by cjk6119; 12-20-2019 at 11:26 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbutta View Post
    Myself wouldn't use that and neither should Myself.(see what I did there?) That resonator has fiberglass in it. We need one with stainless wool.
    CJK, the Tommy Jordan is good but I mod the actual water box correctly. It took Riva 6 months of R&D to get their waterbox the way they wanted. It took us Even longer.
    Ok, so for the price, one could open the side and peel out all the fiberglass. Then pack it with stainless kitchen scouring pads available anywhere cheap. And have a local welder close it back up no?????

How about somebody do that and give us all a report.

+1
    m
    Last edited by cjk6119; 12-17-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information