Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutted waterbox

+1
    Many States in the USA are now making boating violations affect your driver license or your car insurance..... if you get a violation while boating, it will show on your driver's license record. .... for which they could cancel insurance or both, and move the insured to the "high risk pool ... or suspend your license while you pay an insurance surcharge to the state. This is all in place in many states now, to get people to conform to the rules of the waterways, and give the boating patrols Marian Police, Park Rangers, more teeth with their summons. In some states it even gives a citizen or homeowner along the water now the ability to issue a summons directly to a PWC owners by U.S. Mail then you are required to show in court. That's why we are required to have boating numbers on the PWC in all states here in the USA.
    That would be a good time to tell the Judge why your ski is so loud.
    " Your Honor, It`s the stupidest thing I ever heard, noise pollution? Your F-ing kidding me your Honor? "
    Or
    " Your Honor, I was going too fast that I couldn't hear my own exhaust noise."
    Or
    " Your Honor, my noise from my jet ski is saving lives."
    Hint Hint they all are going to over like a fart in church

While everybody is asked from the judge to settle down laughing after listening to one of those precious explanations. You might just hear this response from the judge as the gavel comes down," Sir.. Sir.. pay the court clerk on your way out. Next case please."

or you could have you lawyer tell him that for 300.00 per hour plus a retainers fee of 500.00. Bet you will still pay the summons and court costs plus to the Crime Victims Rights Fund and insurance surcharge not including you lost a day`s pay.

Take Care
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 12-24-2019 at 12:33 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Many States in the USA are now making boating violations affect your driver license or your car insurance..... if you get a violation while boating, it will show on your driver's license record. .... for which they could cancel insurance or both, and move the insured to the "high risk pool ... or suspend your license while you pay an insurance surcharge to the state. This is all in place in many states now, to get people to conform to the rules of the waterways, and give the boating patrols Marian Police, Park Rangers, more teeth with their summons. In some states it even gives a citizen or homeowner along the water now the ability to issue a summons directly to a PWC owners by U.S. Mail then you are required to show in court. That's why we are required to have boating numbers on the PWC in all states here in the USA.
    " Your Honor, It`s the stupidest thing I ever heard, noise pollution? Your F-ing kidding me your Honor? "
    Or
    Or

While everybody is asked from the judge to settle down laughing after listening to one of those precious explanations. You might just hear this response from the judge as the gavel comes down," Sir.. Sir.. pay the court clerk on your way out. Next case please."

or you could have you lawyer tell him that for 300.00 per hour plus a retainers fee of 500.00. Bet you will still pay the summons and court costs plus to the Crime Victims Rights Fund and insurance surcharge not including you lost a day`s pay.

Take Care
    C J
    Be a really poor lawyer, if he was only representing noise violations. REALITY is cops arent gonna waste their time on a noise violation. Only time you will get nailed with that fine is if you are doing stupid things to draw their attention in the first place.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Or
    Or

Take Care
    C J
    Never gotten a ticket for being loud. No ordinance for that in the water. As long as the exhaust is watercooled you will not get a ticket.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Ride a bike across the 401, one with stock exhaust and one with straights. Alot less accidental lane change by cars on the bike with the pipes......just sayin'......
    More than once I have been startled by a very loud motorcycle that cruised close to my car at ‘normal’ sound levels, then barked the exhaust with acceleration. Sometimes the initial driver reaction to a sudden loud sound is to jerk the steering wheel, potentially triggering unwanted incursion into another lane, perhaps with a cascading effect as other vehicles react to the initial driver’s action.

While the loud machine is close by I cannot hear any other vehicles, including any motorcycle riding along in the lane on the other side of my car. Again, the loudness forces me to rely entirely on visuals as the loud noise blankets all others.

Your motorcycle exhaust would be loudest towards the rear. After you pull ahead the (even louder from behind) noise continues to distract and disable those behind you.

Again, until you have moved fairly far away/ahead, everyone in all the other vehicles cannot clearly hear their own sounds. In-car GPS map verbal commands are drowned out, so the driver must look at the GPS screen. Passenger providing exit directions has to repeat themselves, radio traffic report cannot be heard, and so on. This continues down the road the entire time you are ‘loud piping’ along.

If you really wanted to maximize the audible ‘warning’ that your loud machine (and yourself) are approaching, arrange the exhaust so the loudest sounds would be emitted towards the front. Blasting the sound out the back depends on the sound reflecting from other objects to be dispersed forwards. On open rural country roads the forward sound reflection would be diminished.

Proximity to other vehicle operators at speed tends to be much tighter in highway driving than on-water riding. Whatever ‘safety’ effect you perceive to be occurring on highway, out on the water where sound carries over distance much more readily I remain unconvinced that there is an overall safety benefit from a loud watercraft exhaust. Hearing ‘you’ more means we can hear (and see) every other watercraft in the area less.

Making myself and every other nearby operator less aware of others is not a good thing.

I have ridden behind loud machines in PWC group rides, at a reasonable spacing/distance. I can watch the faces of other boaters (cruising at whatever speed) follow the loud machine as it passes, and they are then surprised as I pass by a few moments later. They could not hear my approach, and they were not looking around as they were still distracted by the departing loudness.

Effectively there is a zone of operator disability/distraction that follows you around. You may observe them ‘seeing/hearing you’ but perhaps you do not notice them not looking/seeing/hearing those who are following behind or approaching from other directions.

Rather than depending on ‘being heard’ it is better to ride as if everyone else was unaware of your presence. Ride as if you are nearly invisible*. As others are while you are loudly riding nearby.

* So the loud exhaust becomes unnecessary.

5. +1 by:

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Lmaooo yeah i am not reading that. Wtf is this ? High school essay ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Be a really poor lawyer, if he was only representing noise violations. REALITY is cops arent gonna waste their time on a noise violation. Only time you will get nailed with that fine is if you are doing stupid things to draw their attention in the first place.
    I would have to agree with you there, that most officers aren't gonna waste their time on a noise violation. The real deal is that the people along the shorelines now are able to issue a summons though the U S Mail. They are the ones who pose the biggest issue with us skiers and that could affect our driver's license. If they are just mad at jet skiers in general and want to make it tough for us, they can issue a noise nuisance summons regardless if its loud or not.

Well I need to get ready for some guests coming in for Christmas.

Take Care all of you here on the forum and be safe.
    Merry Christmas to one and all.
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 12-24-2019 at 01:51 PM.

+1
    I would have to agree with you there, that most officers aren't gonna waste their time on a noise violation. The real deal is that the people along the shorelines now are able to issue a summons though the U S Mail. They are the one who pose the biggest issue with us skiers and that could affect our driver's license.

C J
    Merry Christmas CJ, all the best to you and yours.

+1
    I would have to agree with you there, that most officers aren't gonna waste their time on a noise violation. The real deal is that the people along the shorelines now are able to issue a summons though the U S Mail. They are the one who pose the biggest issue with us skiers and that could affect our driver's license.

C J
    A summons for what exactly? If the state has no law about noise decibels...which North Carolina does not...what is the summons for? Riding too close to a shore line? Which is a different issue than any kind of noise complaint.

Some people like loud vehicles, some dont. Some people like fast boats, some don't. Are you saying if I dont like someone riding fast because I dont like it I can issue a summons. Where does it end? If I dont like the color of their boat, issue a summons by mail?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xkon View Post
    A summons for what exactly? If the state has no law about noise decibels...which North Carolina does not...what is the summons for? Riding too close to a shore line? Which is a different issue than any kind of noise complaint.

Some people like loud vehicles, some dont. Some people like fast boats, some don't. Are you saying if I dont like someone riding fast because I dont like it I can issue a summons. Where does it end? If I dont like the color of their boat, issue a summons by mail?
    I do not want to leave you hanging, I will make it fast Xkon because I have people coming for Christmas Dinner.

Well like in NJ were you live Xkon, any summons on the water will go against your driver's license, your state is one of the few at present time, NJ , New Hampshire, Maine, California and there are others.
    California is the one that allows citizen along the water to issue summons by mail.

Xkon have a GREAT Christmas with your family.
    Take Care
    C J

Ps Xkon there is a noise limit here when riding in the bird sanctuary were the American Bald Eagles are Nesting in N C. and there ARE PEOPLE WATCHING me when I go in that area all the time and to make sure that people are 1,000 feet from the base of the roosting tree. That is a Federal offense under the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers that own and operate Jordan Lake.
    Last edited by cjk6119; 12-24-2019 at 02:24 PM.

+1
    I do not want to leave you hanging, I will make it fast Xkon because I have people coming for Christmas Dinner.

Well like in NJ were you live Xkon, any summons on the water will go against your driver's license, your state is one of the few at present time, NJ , New Hampshire, Maine, California and there are others.
    California is the one that allows citizen along the water to issue summons by mail.

Xkon have a GREAT Christmas with your family.
    Take Care
    C J

If found guilty it will go against your driver's license...but guilty for what? What law is being broken with having an aftermarket waterbox/exhaust? Most states that do have laws against it are at 88 or 90 dbs at an idle...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information