Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8ter View Post
    If it spins over and youve got spark and fuel, are you sure the timing is correct and cams are installed correctly? Is it popping or backfiring? Any signs of life?
    yes is popping

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    44
    +1
    6
    Sounds like you've got a timing problem, or the ECU isn't the correct one for your application. Are you sure you're getting spark on every cylinder? Are you sure you're getting good fuel pressure and injectors are working properly?

  3. #13
    sounds like ur cams might have jump a tooth or 2 when u tighten them back down its easy to do ive seen some have use a zip tie to hold the chain in place when tighten the bolts zip tie the chain to the gear.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8ter View Post
    Sounds like you've got a timing problem, or the ECU isn't the correct one for your application. Are you sure you're getting spark on every cylinder? Are you sure you're getting good fuel pressure and injectors are working properly?
    Yes i wish i can post the video
    i did a fuel presure test it was at 42 Wich book says 45
    i check all spark plugs what get me is when i look at the yds while cranking it says 15btdc and goes away


  5. #15
    I will do timming again

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    44
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucio7 View Post
    I will do timming again
    When I said timing, I meant the cams. Need to check their settings with #1 cylinder at TDC and make sure the marks are aligned properly.

  7. #17
    Myself's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Central Arkansas
    Posts
    3,823
    +1
    281
    When I put my wifes '06 all back together I culdn't get it to start without holding 1/4 throttle. I had to watch tps voltage and set the throttle cable, then we had to go run it around at the lake for a while before the ecu compensated and set the idle. It still dies at idle so I need to look into it a bit more. Also make sure all your vacuum hoses at the throttle bodies are attached.

    My fxho build........http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=258561

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    When I put my wifes '06 all back together I culdn't get it to start without holding 1/4 throttle. I had to watch tps voltage and set the throttle cable, then we had to go run it around at the lake for a while before the ecu compensated and set the idle. It still dies at idle so I need to look into it a bit more. Also make sure all your vacuum hoses at the throttle bodies are attached.

    My fxho build........http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=258561
    ill check that out before I take it apart
    what tool u use for the tdc making sure the dial indicator is the only way.

    I was busy today lol

  9. #19
    Myself's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Central Arkansas
    Posts
    3,823
    +1
    281
    All I used was a regular dial indicator in the plug hole to read tdc.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    All I used was a regular dial indicator in the plug hole to read tdc.
    what adaptor u use to screw in the plug hole

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. HELP won't start, 2 beeps, guages flash when press start, no crank
    By Wakerider215 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2018, 06:33 PM
  2. 2001 Virage TXI FICHT loud backfires when trying to start, will not start
    By terrygilomen in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 07:44 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 09:27 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 11:28 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •