+1

Crankcase pressurizing

I have a 2013 vxs that has pressure blowing up from the vent hose into the head cover causing oil to be pushed out of the oil dip stick and this While cranking the engine. I have good compression in All cylinders what should I be looking for to solve this?

+1
    First check that your oil level is correct.
    How many hour on the engine?
    Any mods?
    Any more symptoms or description of your concerns with the engine.
    Did you do a wet test at the time you were doing compression test? what was the readings you got? wet and dry readings.
    You need to give us a little more information please?
    CJ

+1
    Oil level good, no mod, compression 120,120,110,100 no wet test done just got a lot of air blowing out of fitting that goes to head cover located by oil separator box next to air filter box

+1
    [QUOTE=seaya;3053774]Oil level good, no mod, compression 120,120,110,100 no wet test done

Now that we have the numbers for the dry test, we need to do a wet test. Why, you are probably going to ask. If the wet test numbers are higher than the dry test, this test indicates the cylinder walls or the piston rings are at fault. This could be where the blowby is coming from.

You will need about a teaspoon of oil for each cylinder.
    We also need the hours on the engine still?
    Any signs of the engine smoking excessively out the exhaust on start up or while cruising?
    Does the engine use oil?
    Any loss of power or poor performance?

Take Care
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 12-14-2019 at 06:22 AM.

+1
    Ok I’ll do the wet test but what’s confusing is I’m building enough pressure just cranking the engine without starting for 3 to 4 seconds to push a hard stream of oil out of dipstick and have seen rings and piston failure where there is 0 compression but never came across this. Also this is a friends ski that I’m helping out on so let me get some more info.

+1
    Is this ski out of the water or in the water? You should not have" stream of oil out of dipstick "oil coming out of the dip stick unless the crankcase is overfilled with water or oil. The engine will only produce blowby while running and that could cause the oil to push out. Again, just being bumped over for a few seconds should not push any oil out.
    I would drain all the oil out of the crankcase and refill, to make sure of the level is correct.

1 Drain the oil
    2 refill oil
    3 then do wet test
    need hours on engine still and the few questions that I have asked be answered.

Take care and be patient.
    C J

+1
    I Figured it out just went and took a look at the ski again seems my friend had some else doing work and routed that line to the valve cover where it doesn’t belong it’s to go back to the air intake.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seaya View Post
    I Figured it out just went and took a look at the ski again seems my friend had some else doing work and routed that line to the valve cover where it doesn’t belong it’s to go back to the air intake.

Post some pictures so we can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by seaya View Post
    I Figured it out just went and took a look at the ski again seems my friend had some else doing work and routed that line to the valve cover where it doesnít belong itís to go back to the air intake.
    That makes sense.
    Yamaha used to route the hoses like that then they re-routed the hoses and did away with the black plastic tank that drains into the PTO on the early models.
    They left the hose pipe fitting on the rocker cover casting and just blocked the inside off which makes it an easy mistake to make.

Thread Information