+1

Time for a new Ride

I know this is the Sea Doo side of the forum but we will be buying a new ski this year. We've narrowed the choices to the GTX300 limited and the Yamaha SVHO. I've ridden the Yamaha was was fairly impressed with the ride but I've not been on one of the newer Sea Doo hulls. Looking for suggestions from the members here who have been on both, my wife want a fast comfortable RELIABLE cruiser, we'll keep the old RXP for the occasional 80+ blasts around the lake. We are looking to reduce our inventory from 5 to 2-3, our other skis are an older 2 stoke GTX and NA FXHO, a 96 Xp that our son likes to jump with and a 2000 XPL that nobody rides any more. Any input is greatly appreciated.

+1
    For what it's worth, I rode a Kawasaki back in the 90's and it was pretty cool. Since then it's just been SeaDoo's. I may not be the best for an unbiased opinion, but I say get the Yamaha since you already have a RXP. They're both great skis and reviews seem to lean towards the buyer's manufacturer's preference. I had a 2003 GTX 185 (3-seater) and only RXP's after. Just replaced my '16 RXP-X 300 with the '19 RXT-X 300 and I am pleasantly surprised that the ST3 hull is close to and feels a lot like the P-X T3 hull. Still waiting for break-in (season ends early in the Pacific Northwest), but so far it feels pretty close to what I had.

You're in win-win situation.

Whatever you can get a better warranty on @ your dealer! Too much preference from everyone on either side. For what it's worth I love my 18 RXTX

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sy34010 View Post
    I know this is the Sea Doo side of the forum but we will be buying a new ski this year. We've narrowed the choices to the GTX300 limited and the Yamaha SVHO. I've ridden the Yamaha was was fairly impressed with the ride but I've not been on one of the newer Sea Doo hulls. Looking for suggestions from the members here who have been on both, my wife want a fast comfortable RELIABLE cruiser, we'll keep the old RXP for the occasional 80+ blasts around the lake. We are looking to reduce our inventory from 5 to 2-3, our other skis are an older 2 stoke GTX and NA FXHO, a 96 Xp that our son likes to jump with and a 2000 XPL that nobody rides any more. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I think the best ski is the one nobody rides anymore...… I love the XPL.
    There are a few people on the forum that have both skis that you are looking for. Try the search feature and see if you can find an informative thread. It has been covered before.

Thread Information