Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

Ultra 150 carb check valves help please.

Could anybody tell me the correct way to install inline check valves on the ultra 150 oil lines to the carbs, I believe Yamaha use this method on the GP1200 but I'm unsure as have never seen inside the hull on one.

The second carb on my ultra is absolutely rammed full of oil and I've tried absolutely everything to get the check valve working but it hasn't seemed to work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

+1
    The Yamahas use an inline valve. Just cut the hose and install it in the existing oil line with the arrow pointing toward the carb.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oil Valve.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	456574  

+1
    Thanks Steve! I'll try and source some. I think only one, maybe two of the carb check valves are stuck, so will it affect anything if I put these valves in all three of the oil lines? Or is it best to only put them in the lines to the carbs with the failed valves? Sorry if it sounds a stupid question but I get pretty paranoid when it comes to oiling. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Skiriches View Post
    Thanks Steve! I'll try and source some. I think only one, maybe two of the carb check valves are stuck, so will it affect anything if I put these valves in all three of the oil lines? Or is it best to only put them in the lines to the carbs with the failed valves? Sorry if it sounds a stupid question but I get pretty paranoid when it comes to oiling. Thanks!
    Я не знаю поймёте ли вы мй русский язык.
    Цель этих обратных клапанов в масляной магистрали не дать завоздушить маслонасос со стороны карбюраторов. Проблема скорее всего в заклиневшем клапане разряжения масобака от чего и создаётся избыточное давление.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Я не знаю поймёте ли вы мй русский язык.
    Цель этих обратных клапанов в масляной магистрали не дать завоздушить маслонасос со стороны карбюраторов. Проблема скорее всего в заклиневшем клапане разряжения масобака от чего и создаётся избыточное давление.
    Translation:

I don’t know if you understand my Russian language. The purpose of these check valves in the oil line is to prevent the oil pump from airing from the carburetors. The problem is most likely in the jammed masob tank discharge valve from which excess pressure is created.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiriches View Post
    Putting two valves in series would increase the pop-off pressure. I wouldn't do it.

Of course, after you price these things, you won't want to buy three of them!

Yamaha part number: 6R3-13183-10-00

+1
    Just curious but how does putting a check valve in the oil line increase the pop-off pressure in the carbs?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    Just curious but how does putting a check valve in the oil line increase the pop-off pressure in the carbs?
    It doesn't affect the pop-off pressure of the carbs, it raises the pop-off pressure of the valves. Their cracking pressure is about 4-5 PSI.

+1
    Thanks Steve I was struggling to find them online! Is it possible to drill out the existing valves in the carbs so I'm relying solely on the Yamaha ones? Seems crazy to be gambling on whether the carb ones are working or not as it seems the only one which doesn't let oil in is number 1 and number 3 seems to be intermittent?!
    In fairness it has been stood for a while, but I'd had this problem before. Really don't want to smoke a fresh motor by doubling up check valves.

Shaman are you saying the fuel tank check valve has created the excess pressure? It has failed actually but it's failed open, I can blow through both ways. Waiting on a new one. Shouldn't cause these issues should it??

+1
    The best thing to do is drill a small hole near the top of each carb (near the choke plate) and press in a piece of 1/8" tubing. Run the oil line there and block off the original oil input.

This is similar to the Yamaha system. The beauty of this is that the engine still gets oil, even if the carb gets plugged up and doesn't flow fuel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information