Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1
    Have you had success using this method Steve? I don't have the carbs Infront of me at the moment but it seems like the engine would be running on neat fuel upon startup until the oil had trickled down the carb throat using that method? Or have I got it wrong?
    I was thinking about buying three inlineYamaha check valves and seeing if my local machine shop would drill out the existing valves. Does that sound viable or even possible? Thanks mate!

+1
    Definitely happy on using any method as long as it works and doesn't cook the engine that I spent more than the ski is worth on! Haha

Да это будет работать!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-12-13-21-07-16-1.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	456650   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-12-13-20-59-20-1.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	456651  

+1
    I have placed the Yamaha valves inline a couple times.....no issues. In fact, I have a pic here somewhere of a marble sized bubble in an oil line. The check valve was jammed up and the oil pump just kept on pumping until it looked like the start of a balloon animal. Luckily I caught it and had premix in cause it was a brand new top end. So I know the oil pump itself is capable of some pretty good pressure output.

+1
    Yamaha injects the oil into the flame arrestor just above the carbs and it works fine. When you shut down the engine, the oil flow stops except for any seepage past the valve due to gravity. On a JetSki, the tank is about the same height as the carb, so there shouldn't be much seepage. (Well, I guess you had some on yours). On my Yamaha boat, the oil tank is about 2 feet above the carbs.

+1
    With that method I was thinking less about oil seepage with the engine off and more about the engine not getting oil on start up? How long does it take for oil to reach the motor?? I'll take a look today and work it out.
    Thanks shaman, I'll try and find someone with a 1200 yam that I can take a look at!
    Myself, did you run those inline check valves as well as the ones in the carb or did you drill out the carb valves?
    Was the bubble in the line caused by too much pressure by doubling them up?
    Sorry for all the questions, it's hard to get support with the kawi 1200 now. I don't think there's anyone left within 100 miles of me with an Ultra 150 anymore, haven't seen another in the flesh for at least 5 years!

+1
    Typically the oil tank is slightly above the carbs. Oil will not flow backwards from the carbs to the tank. The lines stay full, so you have oil on start-up. Usually on a cold start, you have excessive oil due to seepage into the carbs during storage.

+1
    Okay, and it flows uninterrupted down the throat of the carb, past the CV slide and through the reed valves and is sufficient to lubricate top end etc??

Я в первые слышу о раздувании масляных труб от создавшегося давления от масло насоса, этм насосы не высокого давления -(это дозирующий насос, - доза масла ушла - доза пришла, если не ушла... другой не будет). Это может произойти только от не качественных, не маслостойких и не термостойких материалов), оригинальные трубки быстрее сорвёт с хомутов чем раздует.
    Ваш лучший вариант просверлить существующий в карбе клапан и установить в линии выносной... yamaha или перейти на примекс 1/40-45. У kawi ultra 150 не очень подходящий конструктивно корпус пламегасителя для этой перестройки.
    Стив прав при наличии обратных клапанов линии всегда будут заполнены и одновременног с топливом достигнут внутренностей двигателя для смазки.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiriches View Post
    Okay, and it flows uninterrupted down the throat of the carb, past the CV slide and through the reed valves and is sufficient to lubricate top end etc??
    = D> absolutely right!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information