Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 stx 15f waterbox

Hello, new here,

I have a 2019 stx 15f and I want to make it sound better and lauder. the only thing the jet ski needs to sound better is a waterbox but riva doesn't sell it or any other company. what I'm willing to do is order a use waterbox and create a free flow, and save the original just in case. is refracting my water going to do any damage?

THE CURRENT EXHAUST I HAVE:
    one water box original, no extra or second waterbox, and the pipe go straight to the rear end out to the water, "which other brand need to do for better sound"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by frayby View Post
    Hello, new here,

I have a 2019 stx 15f and I want to make it sound better and lauder. the only thing the jet ski needs to sound better is a waterbox but riva doesn't sell it or any other company. what I'm willing to do is order a use waterbox and create a free flow, and save the original just in case. is refracting my water going to do any damage?

one water box original, no extra or second waterbox, and the pipe go straight to the rear end out to the water, "which other brand need to do for better sound"
    Are you sure you want it louder, I say that because a lot of fisherman, boaters and other jet skis may not look so kindly towards you on the water. I know in NC, the Rangers will give you a summons for noise like loud speakers on boats, and engines that are loud too. After a some time you will get tired of the sound. Have fun on the water.

Take Care
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 12-11-2019 at 09:18 AM.

3. +1 by:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Hello, new here,

there's a really good reason that there are no aftermarket waterboxes for the 15f

just get yourself some headphones and play some drag racing mp3's on a loop

btw, impressive riding skills trump noise to impress anybody on any day of the month\

folks that do illegal modifications to non racing skis do more damage to this industry then an oil spewing two stroke with a leaky fuel tank

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Are you sure you want it louder, I say that because a lot of fisherman, boaters and other jet skis may not look so kindly towards you on the water. I know in NC, the Rangers will give you a summons for noise like loud speakers on boat and engines that are loud too. After a some time you will get tired of the sound. Have fun on the water.

Take Care
    C J
    yeah, where I ride at its mostly boats no fisherman or anything like. its a recreation area and there are tons of boats that sound louder than a ski. this summer that passed, lots of my friend has rive exhaust and no tickets were giving, I ride in PA POCONOS

I hear you, im not into all that tuning and stuff, but where I ride at mostly all are build from riva, they spent up to 8k in upgrades. I just want mines to sound better and just thinking of creating my own waterbox.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    there's a really good reason that there are no aftermarket waterboxes for the 15f

just get yourself some headphones and play some drag racing mp3's on a loop

btw, impressive riding skills trump noise to impress anybody on any day of the month\

folks that do illegal modifications to non racing skis do more damage to this industry then an oil spewing two stroke with a leaky fuel tank
    yeah I hear you, im not into doing tuning, where I ride at they spent up to 8k in upgrades. I just want mines to sound loader but if is too crazy ill just put the original water box back on , that why I wanted to know if someone has done it before.

+1
    See my Kawasaki build thread (link below). The older 15F waterbox had a wider output pipe, and a second waterbox was used to reduce noise. On this build, I only used the single waterbox. It required rigging up a different thru-hull pipe by cutting and modifying the pipe from the older 15F. The exhaust was definitely louder than on the stock 15F. It will cost over $400 to get the parts needed to modify your ski... a lot of cash for a little more noise. But if you've got the cash, I've got the parts.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=278748

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy_steven View Post
    See my Kawasaki build thread (link below). The older 15F waterbox had a wider output pipe, and a second waterbox was used to reduce noise. On this build, I only used the single waterbox. It required rigging up a different thru-hull pipe by cutting and modifying the pipe from the older 15F. The exhaust was definitely louder than on the stock 15F. It will cost over $400 to get the parts needed to modify your ski... a lot of cash for a little more noise. But if you've got the cash, I've got the parts.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=278748
    looks good, im still amazed that its the same engine you the year you build. I'm not replacing any parts, what I was thinking was buying the same water box which is like 2013 stx and up are all the same, they only have one waterbox, from manifold to the exit, and making free flow like riva does to theirs, I saw a couple of videos where theirs didn't have anything inside the waterbox to hold pressure, I was thinking of doing the same and leaving the original pipes. if it doesn't work out ill just place the original back on

+1
    The waterboxes are pretty pricey, and the newer ones cost even more and are harder to find. If your plan doesn't work out, it's wasted money. With my idea, if it doesn't work out, you can just re-sell the parts.

I also have one of the newer waterboxes.

+1
    yeah, where I ride at its mostly boats no fisherman or anything like. its a recreation area and there are tons of boats that sound louder than a ski. this summer that passed, lots of my friend has rive exhaust and no tickets were giving, I ride in PA POCONOS
    Just a little food for thought, these are the Boater`s Restrictions for riding in the Pocono Lakes:

Pennsylvania`s Water Ways Restrictions:

(2) For engines manufactured on or after January 1, 1993, a noise level of 88 dB(A)
    when subjected to the Society of Automotive Engineers Recommended Practice SAE J2005
    (Stationary Sound Level Measurement Procedure). On Pennsylvania waterways the operator is responsible for controlling the noise of the boat.

That is right from their book. Just because other people are doing it does not make it right. Don`t forget that the Rangers already have a bad taste for waverunners, but not so much for boaters.
    If they do pull you over, the Ranger knows the sound level restriction is subjective, so they will hit you with a NO WAKE ZONE summons he knows will stick. The Rangers know how the game is played.

Frayboy do what you want, the most important thing here is having fun on the water, that`s what is all about.

Take Care
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 12-11-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information