Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stage 3 with 24 & 32 PSI Wheel

Hello,

Who is running an Stage 3 Setup on an SVHO Engine with an 24 or even 32 PSi Wheel ?
    http://www.engine-tech.com/index.php...rbl84qnjmhnkl1

So build an Stage 3 and then instead of the 17 PSI Wheel run an bigger one, with the map for that and run an Fuel Pressure Regulator .... so what else to run ?

Rods and Pistons and maybe sleeves.....

Some experiance here ?

deans clutch...

In the real world there is only 3-4psi at most between those two wheels and its been done many times with the stock engine.However neither of them is going to work well on pump gasoline nor with an off the shelf map.To get the most out of them race gas or E85 would be required and they are going to work best at high rpm only.When you run that kind of boost on an engine the tuning is very delicate and you would want custom mapping.Its alot of extra heat on the engine as well as parts required to run them correctly.The 17lb and 20lb wheels are more of a drop in and go situation
    Last edited by FXSlowKroozer; 12-06-2019 at 10:19 AM.

+1
    I would think a Motec or Haltech ECU would be much better suited for that amount of boost and the tuning required to keep everything happy. I know some would say that the stock ECU can handle it, but a Motec would be much better and safer IMO. The bottom and top end should be able to handle it because there are turbo guys running that level of boost on stock internals without issues. I think you're going to wear out clutches at a high rate so I would buy them in bulk and get familiar with the process of changing them out.

+1
    I am running Stage 3 with 19 wheel and RC-2 cams and Deans clutch. I am running maptuner/logger, 93 octane and octane boost. I have run as much 24.5 pounds of boost at 8650 rpm with a tight cam overlap. I have added more overlap last summer but did not get any logged data after a bad clutch and O2 sensor threw me off.

You really need to pick a octane level and build to that. You also need to pick a rpm level you are comfortable with. I have two setups for one for 8700 and the other for 9500 rpm. The 8700 setup has massive low end power and runs mid 80's mph. The 9500 setup is a balls out 95 mph tune up that I only run in cooler weather at the beginning and end of the season where I live. The cooler water and air make this setup fly.

Robert

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    I am running Stage 3 with 19 wheel and RC-2 cams and Deans clutch. I am running maptuner/logger, 93 octane and octane boost. I have run as much 24.5 pounds of boost at 8650 rpm with a tight cam overlap.
    Robert

When you are at above 20 psi hitting 24.5 psi at 8650 rpms, with all that heat from the supercharger and trying to pass that amount of cfms of air through the throttle body, would it help your ski by adding water injection to make that cfm amount of air denser so it would pass through the throttle body with less restriction. note... Adding just water injection between the intercooler and throttle body as opposed to methanol injection, water injection would not change the air fuel ratio. That could safely kick up your rpms in the summertime. This all was just a thought....

C J

+1
    You missed the point of the lower rpm tune up. It is for romping around the bay not max speed. Ripping and cruising no real heat build up. I wanted a setup that had tons of low end and went a decent speed and did not tax the motor with high rpms. In general, this is where I spend most of my time in the bay. I have a testing drag strip but speed runs are short bursts.

As for water and meth injection, I am not interested in these setups as I do not want the extra maintenance of them or problems. I have seen to many motors blow up because these systems fail. They can be effective but you have to be very disciplined to run them.

Robert

So an Stage 3 Setup with an 20 PSI Wheel and a Fuel Pressure Regulator on top with AFR Gauge and O2 Sensor with Stock Internals at lets say 9000 rpm should be safe ? or better to the rod job with carillo or Molnar ?

+1
    duplicated

+1
    If you have a SVHO engine from 2018 and up, I think they have factory forged pistons and connecting rods already installed. You might want to use rod stud bolts and crankshaft main stud bolts to beefen things up a little more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information