Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

+1

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    here's the 2nd prop that broke from ed's fx svho stage 2+ a 13/20, the blade folded over, i'll post a pic of my prop latter. the other 2 been tossed out...lol
    Looking close at the photo where there thumb is I see heavy cavitation burns on the edge of the prop blades and also some cavitation pitting starting on the blade surface . this is caused by the water entering the pump tunnel the intake grate has some improper fitment and possible casting flashing in aera of the grate. If you take time to flow match the tunnel/ grate and grate fitment to the pump housing this will help with cavitation burns on props. I am not saying this burning can cause prop blades to break. But anything you can do to feed the prop with un cavitied water will help with blade/prop life. I also sharpen the edge of all my props with a stone like you do a knife. You can shave with the leading edge of my prop blades, this does make a difference in how the pump preforms . Also when the sealing edge of the prop blade to the pump wear ring get damage from cavitation burns this poor sealing causes a lot of blade flex which could lead to blades cracking. Tommy Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Looking close at the photo where there thumb is I see heavy cavitation burns on the edge of the prop blades and also some cavitation pitting starting on the blade surface . this is caused by the water entering the pump tunnel the intake grate has some improper fitment and possible casting flashing in aera of the grate. If you take time to flow match the tunnel/ grate and grate fitment to the pump housing this will help with cavitation burns on props. I am not saying this burning can cause prop blades to break. But anything you can do to feed the prop with un cavitied water will help with blade/prop life. I also sharpen the edge of all my props with a stone like you do a knife. You can shave with the leading edge of my prop blades, this does make a difference in how the pump preforms . Also when the sealing edge of the prop blade to the pump wear ring get damage from cavitation burns this poor sealing causes a lot of blade flex which could lead to blades cracking. Tommy Jordan
    this ski has the deans transom plate riva intake grate and jims cut ride plate every thing was put back in pretty good and sealed its my buddies ski and he did the work. this ski has cavitated more than most skis thats why the luck 13 was added it has a stage 2 with 17 lb wheel running 8500-8550r's with a best of 86.3 mostly its a 85 mph ski...like i said before its the 2nd prop this ski broke its fast but never had the best hole shot once out of the hole it pulls good. i know what your saying it could b better. but it does have around 250 hrs on it now not sure how many hrs on this prop.
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 12-08-2019 at 09:52 PM.

and here's my prop out of a 04 rxp that use to run 82.6 @ 8550r's with a 15/20-2mm a long long time ago lets see if solas will replace it...lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	456540  
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 12-10-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information