Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

RXT 260 AS stickin between 7650-7450

Hello guys, I have a problem, may be somebody of you can help me. I have a 2012 RXT 260 as with 70 hours. Intercooler fizzle, Riva powerfilter and solas 14/19. I am running at sea level, air 32 deg, water 27 deg. In the last 20-30 hours I noticed a drop in performance at full throttle. It accelerates till 7200 rpm very fast, than arrives at 7660 max, than itís like a limiter that is kicking in, it drops till 7400, than accelerate again till 7660 an so on... I clearly can feel on the handlebar the acceleration that stops, than start again, than stops. itís like it try to go faster but itís blocked by something...max speed is around 65. Before it was 69. Intercooler is new, supercharger is still good (the mechanics told that). Inlet temperature sensor is new (failed 10 hrs ago causing p0127). No alarm on now. Some idea? Can you help me please? I really donít know what to think about.

+1
    Hey bud. What your describing could be several different issues. But it does sound like you are experiencing a boost leak. Check the intercooler and charger hose clamps

+1
    After reading your post again. Few things for you to look at. How old are spark plugs?? Check Charger/ intercooler hoses and clamps. Also a partially dirty fuel injector will cause your inconsistent
    rpm aswell. They are very simple to remove and do a visual inspection
    Last edited by Yamafzs; 11-30-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Can you explain to me how to remove an to understand if it is dirty? If it is dirty, how to clean?

+1
    Look at top of your motor. Fuel line comes in from tank. Thats your injector rail. Remove the rail. And injectors will come right out. (Be mindful of the black o rings falling off. Look at injectors. (Bottom) I take pic and then blow up image. Looking for obvious discoloration. Or if one looks diff from others. Spray them with cleaner. If they are really dirty. Then the procedure is much more involved. Youtube will provide alot of "how to" i would pull spark plugs. And post a pic of all three of them. You may get lucky. And just have a bad plug

+1
    There is a few bolts that hold rail to engine. Few zip ties to snip. Fuel line from tank does not need to. BE removed. Pull up on rail. Be Mindful of fuel spillage. Injectors are now free. Remove. Put on work table. Get some. Fuel injection spray. Or carb choke spray. Juice them up. Politely pat them wit cloth. Then re-do

+1
    do you still have the speed limiter, boost limiter?27 deg water temp where are you Alaska?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_luke View Post
    Hello guys, I have a problem, may be somebody of you can help me. I have a 2012 RXT 260 as with 70 hours. Intercooler fizzle, Riva powerfilter and solas 14/19. I am running at sea level, air 32 deg, water 27 deg. In the last 20-30 hours I noticed a drop in performance at full throttle. It accelerates till 7200 rpm very fast, than arrives at 7660 max, than it’s like a limiter that is kicking in, it drops till 7400, than accelerate again till 7660 an so on... I clearly can feel on the handlebar the acceleration that stops, than start again, than stops. it’s like it try to go faster but it’s blocked by something...max speed is around 65. Before it was 69. Intercooler is new, supercharger is still good (the mechanics told that). Inlet temperature sensor is new (failed 10 hrs ago causing p0127). No alarm on now. Some idea? Can you help me please? I really don’t know what to think about.

Yes the limiters are still there, not yet maptuned, i will do soon the 8350. For the temperature, I am Italian but I am running in Angola, Africa , 27 DegC, 81 Deg F! I Will try to change the spark plugs, and clean the injectors. Can’t be some bad sensor that give fake informations to the ecu? When I had the intake temp sensor faulty, before going in limp mode the behaviour was very similar. The strange thing is that the acceleration is very robust, goes till 7600 even 7700 than goes down, than try again to go up....

+1
    i have 2013 rxtx as and it would do the same thing ,it is all the limiters
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_luke View Post
    Yes the limiters are still there, not yet maptuned, i will do soon the 8350. For the temperature, I am Italian but I am running in Angola, Africa , 27 DegC, 81 Deg F! I Will try to change the spark plugs, and clean the injectors. Can’t be some bad sensor that give fake informations to the ecu? When I had the intake temp sensor faulty, before going in limp mode the behaviour was very similar. The strange thing is that the acceleration is very robust, goes till 7600 even 7700 than goes down, than try again to go up....

But when I was stock I was 110 on 8000. After I raplaced impeller with solas 14/19 and metal bearing I was on 110 on 7800, but I didn’t feel the limiters like now. So this difference may be only due to the heat and soak in African summer that are anticipating the intervention of the limiter? So once maptuned, problem solved?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information