Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_luke View Post
    But when I was stock I was 110 on 8000. After I raplaced impeller with solas 14/19 and metal bearing I was on 110 on 7800, but I didn’t feel the limiters like now. So this difference may be only due to the heat and soak in African summer that are anticipating the intervention of the limiter? So once maptuned, problem solved?
    In your original post you stated you were seeing 7660 rpm. Then rpm would drop!! Heat soak has no effect on when limiter kicks in. If anything. Heat soak will keep you off the limiter Your ski should rev to 8000 before factory limiter. You will definitely get great results with a maptune. But you need to get this problem figured out first. Good luck!

Exactly. This is what I am trying to understand. 7800 and 110 was immediately after I replaced the impeller and the intercooler (about 40 hrs) and this makes sense, may be the new impeller/wear ring is a little harder for the stock engine to push at full rpm, but then rpm and speed gradually drop till now where I am on 7450-7650 (about 70 hrs). I noticed the “limiter feeling” only in the last weeks, may be that with the max rpm gradually dropping it became more evident.

What are the synthoms of supercharger slipping? I read here in an old post of 2007 around ceramic washers about a similar behaviour when it start to fail. Obviously I suppose to have metal ones, but may be the sinthoms when start to fail are the same?
    Last edited by Lucky_luke; 12-02-2019 at 05:13 PM.

+1
    do you have a rxt or rxtx? my tx has a boost gauge, when i started modding mine, imuk ,15/20, fizzel ic ,cold air intake, the boost would be at full until the limiter kicked in then it would back off,my max rpm was 8000 stock and 2-300 less after the mods because i hit speed limiter faster.not only do you have a speed limiter you have a boost and a rpm limiter also.the riva scom did not work on my ski so i found out all of this the hard way

+1
    they say you should rebuild your super charger every 100 hrs or 2 years ...mine was 6 years at 40 hrs ,i replaced with a xxx charger
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_

luke;3052850
    What are the synthoms of supercharger slipping? I read here in an old post of 2007 around ceramic washers about a similar behaviour when it start to fail. Obviously I suppose to have metal ones, but may be the sinthoms when start to fail are the same?

Quote Originally Posted by rtarford View Post
    do you have a rxt or rxtx? my tx has a boost gauge, when i started modding mine, imuk ,15/20, fizzel ic ,cold air intake, the boost would be at full until the limiter kicked in then it would back off,my max rpm was 8000 stock and 2-300 less after the mods because i hit speed limiter faster.not only do you have a speed limiter you have a boost and a rpm limiter also.the riva scom did not work on my ski so i found out all of this the hard way
    I have an rxt x 260 as. But I doesn’t reach 8000 now, and even the boost indicator is not reaching full, the last 1 or 2 segment of indicator remains off. The stock limiters are not supposed to enter in these conditions. The supercharger has 70 hours and 6 years. Low rpm can be caused by low boost, so the cause is the supercharger or a hose liking, or low rpm are caused by something else (some bad sensors, injectors, fuel pump) and the boost is not reaching full because the low rpm.

Fuckin spark plugs!!! Changed the spark plugs, now 7700 rpm constant at 67 mph. Do you guys think that this is what I can expect with a stock engine (only power filter and free flow exhaust) and a Solas 15/19 with a stainless steel wear ring? I noticed that when changed the impeller, I gained at middle range and acceleration, but I dropped 300 rpm at full throttle and more or less 1-2 mph in max speed. Is this normal?

+1
    Fuckin spark plugs!!! Changed the spark plugs, now 7700 rpm constant at 67 mph. Do you guys think that this is what I can expect with a stock engine (only power filter and free flow exhaust) and a Solas 15/19 with a stainless steel wear ring? I noticed that when changed the impeller, I gained at middle range and acceleration, but I dropped 300 rpm at full throttle and more or less 1-2 mph in max speed. Is this normal?
    Perfectly normal, now if you bend the trailing edge of your prop 1-2mm your rpm and speed will return.

+1
    top speed is top speed what ever the limiter is

+1
    what position are your trim tabs set ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information