Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    So I started messing around with a voltmeter iím getting power to the injection plug And Iím getting 12v to the starter relay plug wire so I put a wire on Each post on the relay And I was able to turn the motor over that way but know I started taking the supercharger off to see if it has the Upgraded washers and I took the VENT VALVE off So I could get to it better and when I went to reinstall it There is a washer that goes between it and the Timing chain gear unfortunately it Fail down the block I have tried everything On trying to find it no luck How bad would it hurt the motor Because I really do not want to pull the motor Thanks for all the help yíall

Are these the Upgraded Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1534.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	456387washers

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you don't want a loose washer floating around in the engine not telling where it will end up. So instead of getting to the bottom of the DESS key issue you've now screwed yourself into pulling the engine and pulling the pto and spending a bit of money on some gaskets, and flywheel bolts ( for starters), and you STILL have to deal with the dess issue. and none of that is a guarantee that you'll actually find the washer without splitting the crankcases ( more time and expense)

I'd suggest in the future following along with the leads provided by the people you've come to and asked for help. It typically works out better that way for everybody

of course at this point you could part the ski out, sell the trailer and make a couple of hundred bucks for your troubles since the engine compression was low on one jug anyway.

so let's assume you got the inspection camera took a look and found the piston was damaged and there were bits of piston ring stuck into the top of the piston and the ski needed to have the engine rebuilt, anyway.

a fellow on another thread is parting out a 215 with a supposedly good engine in it ( he hasn't done the compression checks last time I looked) Pick up that runner for $1000 and you're still in a relatively good position of your ski money wise.

you don't want to go further then a total investment of $2500 without that resulting in a good running 13 year old ski. You could likely buy a good runner for $3k during the off season.

I think Iím just going to get the motor rebuilt parts are $1300 for everything on Sbt and I know someone that works on 4 tec motors he will pull the motor rebuild it and put back in for $500

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadoo_101 View Post
    Are these the Upgraded Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1534.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	456387washers
    Those are ceramic clutch washers. You will definitely need to have the SC rebuilt. You might have been luck finding the washer if you take the valve cover off. Its made of steel so best bet would be a long magnetic pickup tool. Good luck.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadoo_101 View Post
    I think I’m just going to get the motor rebuilt parts are $1300 for everything on Sbt and I know someone that works on 4 tec motors he will pull the motor rebuild it and put back in for $500

Ouch!!! SBT! Don't use their connecting rod bolts. Bad experience in the past, i ended up sending them back to SBT, poor quality, it was like the bolt threads were cross threaded from factory..

+1
    I would get rid of it instead, take your small purchase loss and run..

9. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    Those are ceramic clutch washers. You will definitely need to have the SC rebuilt. You might have been luck finding the washer if you take the valve cover off. Its made of steel so best bet would be a long magnetic pickup tool. Good luck.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    I would get rid of it instead, take your small purchase loss and run..
    The jetski value is $5200 running good so if I had to put $2500 in it I could still make money

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/200...0242272/values

best of luck to you if in the end you opt to go ahead with this project, the number you stated is for a ski sold by a dealer btw.

average retail is $4000 btw NADA, $3540 KBB

--------------------

just for comparison, I had to pull an engine to fix an improperly installed encoding gear from a "guy who works on seadoos" last season

just for the pull and resetting the flywheel, labor was $350+gaskets, bolts, oil/filter/coolant. The "guy" decided he couldn't be bothered with aligning the engine. I found all the shims in the forward storage box

by the time it was all over ( the shop blew the ECU jump starting the ski because the timing wheel wasn't installed correctly) he was into the ski for close to 6k

and that was for a 2003 185

dont be that guy

we've all have seen too many of these over the last few years.

sell it, make some money and buy a runner, in the end you'll be far happier

again, best of luck any way you go.

choose wisely, this ski doesn't owe you a thing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information