Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Unless you have some considerable watercraft experience, I'd suggest parting this ski out.

you bought an oak island special, and if you pursue this, you'll be pouring money into a hole in the water.

I have no doubt that this ski dropped a valve and the last registration sticker on it is going be 2011 give or take

hope you just paid a couple of hundred for it, otherwise you just paid your tuition in jetski 101
    I bought it and a trailer for $500 The last time it was registered was 2018 and Iím pretty sure it did not drop a valve because not to long ago I Hooked a pair of jumper cables Directly to the Starter and it turned over without any problems It only has 130 hours on the motor It set on the lake for years when the water Went down they never used it

When I put the key on I get one beep then 12 seconds later I get the 2 beeps then it just keeps beeping at me until I pull the key the Information screen doesnít work I donít know if that would make it not true over I took it to a shop to get it programmed but it did not want to take it the guy said The only code that popped up was the dess post did not have a good ground so I took off the 5 grounding wires on the front of the motor and cleaned them but that did not help should I put a new dess post on and try that thanks

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    ok then...

for $500 you have some room and gave some good follow up on the basic diagnostic info

often when an ECU is bad it cannot communicate with the console and all sorts of weird things happen

jumpstarting will often trash the ecu and seasonal toys often fail that way.

now the bad news...

you may need to buy a candoo or start throwing money at it

the candoo will allow you to check all the skis engine systems, make injectors quirt, start the fuel pump, spark the plugs and so on

$400 at the forum store, and a decent resale value ( $200-300) when your finished with it

you need solid comms with the ecu to program a key, so next step is to check the harness at the ecu to see if there is corrosion damage. do not poke at the ecu pins

lets see some pics of the inside of the hull]

the primary goal is to get two beep when you install they key. until that happens not much else to do.

on an 07 the dess post itself might be bad and that could be the problem. clean the post and key with a scotch brite pad

get a service manual and a good multi meter and check out the dess post wiring.

meter all the fuses too, a hairline crack is at time hard to pick out with the naked eye

also check for rodent damage on the harness if there was any evidence of rat infiltration

Ok thanks I will look into some of that thanks for the knowledgeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1493.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	456224Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1440.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	456225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1442.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	456226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1444.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	456227

+1
    Get a light 100w light bulb in there to start drying out the interior a leaf blower is an alternative disconnect the two connectors at the Ecu and examine for corrosion be a fine idea to examine all harness connections also given the lake use history

Itís likely there is water in the tank but thatís for later do you get any noise from the fuel pump when you put they key in?

Get a good battery in there a Deka etx30 is suggested

Do not use a booster pack or charger

Ok thanks I will start drying it out and yes the Fuel pump kits on every time I put the key to it But when I try to start it all I get is beeps No clicking sound whatsoever I wish I could upload videos on here I have a video of the beeps

7. +1 by:

+1
    I doubt drying the engine compartment will yield any positive results. Have you tried jumping the starter relay to see if the engine will turn over?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    I doubt drying the engine compartment will yield any positive results. Have you tried jumping the starter relay to see if the engine will turn over?

just makes things easier to deal with like getting the harness checked out and so on.

if you read the thread before jumping in you will see my assumption of a dropped valve was incorrect, the motor spun over so the ski for $500 seems like a good getting in price to me.

right now it's an ignition unlocking problem and the console is inoperative. it's been to a shop and the tech couldn't program the key. it was throwing a ground error on his candoo ( or whatever he uses)

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    just makes things easier to deal with like getting the harness checked out and so on.

if you read the thread before jumping in you will see my assumption of a dropped valve was incorrect, the motor spun over so the ski for $500 seems like a good getting in price to me.

right now it's an ignition unlocking problem and the console is inoperative. it's been to a shop and the tech couldn't program the key. it was throwing a ground error on his candoo ( or whatever he uses)
    Yes it was throwing a ground error

Yes I have tried jumping the relay no luck on that so I disconnected the starter wire and hooked it up to a battery and the motor tuned over no problem

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information