Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Here's the issue that CR has seen with clutches that have failed.....

People didn't follow instructions, or were not provided with proper instructions when the clutch was sold to them. The instructions state that BOTH holes in the bolt need to be drilled out to 5mm.

Also, some customers ran synthetic oil. You cannot run synthetic oil with the stock clutch, or the CR clutch, otherwise you are inviting an early failure. Also, keep the oil changed frequently.... every 25 to 30 hours on a high performance ski. Good clean oil will go a long way in prolonging the life of your clutch and your engine.

I know at this past Hydrogrags event we had a guy with the CR clutch make 7 pulls at 40 psi boost and the clutch held up fine.
    Ron Allison has had a CR clutch in his ski ALL year long and went on to win another world record.
    Racers all over the world are using this clutch. It's the only clutch holding up for the long term. Regardless, no clutch will last forever. Thankfully this clutch is rebuildable when it does wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    It's been discontinued and no longer available
    I guess it's an $1800 paperweight now lol
    Last edited by bryan.daniel1990@gmail.co; 11-22-2019 at 04:26 PM.

+1

The instructions state that BOTH holes in the bolt need to be drilled out to 5mm.

Also, some customers ran synthetic oil. You cannot run synthetic oil with the stock clutch, or the CR clutch, otherwise you are inviting an early failure.
    Thank you for the advice not to use synthetic oil, here I am thinking that synthetic oil will extend the life of these parts. Will switch over to conventional oil before the season starts in 2020.

Should the bolt that I have now be drilled out for the OEM clutch? So will an OEM clutch benefit from drilling the bolt to 5mm? This is done to improve the oil volume to the clutch I guess?
    Last edited by K447; 11-22-2019 at 08:49 PM.

+1

The instructions state that BOTH holes in the bolt need to be drilled out to 5mm.

Also, some customers ran synthetic oil. You cannot run synthetic oil with the stock clutch, or the CR clutch, otherwise you are inviting an early failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Thank you for the advice not to use synthetic oil, here I am thinking that synthetic oil will extend the life of these parts. Will switch over to conventional oil before the season starts in 2020.

Should the bolt that I have now be drilled out for the OEM clutch? So will an OEM clutch benefit from drilling the bolt to 5mm? This is done to improve the oil volume to the clutch I guess?
    never run synthetic oil in a supercharged Yamaha.

I have not hear of anyone drilling the oil hole bigger when using a stock clutch. Maybe someone that’s tried it will have some info for us.
    Last edited by K447; 11-22-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post

lol funny I said that from the get go ang everyone thought I was crazy now itís like a rule 🙄

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    lol funny I said that from the get go ang everyone thought I was crazy now it’s like a rule 
    When people said to use regular oil, I took it to mean an opinion or preference. As I thought I was doing something good by using it synthetic oil.

Not to sound flip... I do have a good amount of hours on the original clutch.....182 hours with level 6 tune , 19psi wheel, and no blow off valve, but will switch over asap.

Good Night and Take Care

C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 11-23-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Ciao Jerry, we have warrenty on 1800 USD clutch?

+1
    I have been using Amzoil synthetic on my 2009 FZR from day 1. Guess its too late to switch. ( on second clutch 300 hrs)

+1
    My '17 GP1800' with original/OEM clutch lasted 80 hours running Riva stage 2+@ 87mph, I then purchased a "CR" clutch from Dean, drilled the holes in the bolt per instructions and it currently has 170 hours on it, it's still going strong but i'm considering rebuilding it soon. I have 250 hours on the ski with nothing but Yamalube and changing oil every 20-25 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by samui View Post
    Ciao Jerry, we have warrenty on 1800 USD clutch?

+1
    Referring to my clutch...it looks that I am on BORROWED TIME. Maybe the Mrs. will get me the CR Heavy Duty Clutch for Christmas and I will get her the Ronco CR Heavy Duty Chop-O-Matic for Christmas? But WAIT theres more! I will get her a Peel-O-Meal Omatic too.... Operators are standing by......Lol lol

In all seriousness, I think I will get the H D Clutch from Jerry before the Winter`s end
    Take Care Guys and have a good day.
    C J

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information