Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by guybb3 View Post
    My only worry would be about making the inside of my hull stink like gas. I don't know this from personal experience but have read about it. Can someone confirm or deny?
    The can does vent into the engine compartment. There has to be air flow to the can. My personal experience is that the smell is not strong enough to bother me and quickly clears when the seat is off. The 300 does pressurize the can more than the other models. On my GRF, it will spit fine oil droplets out of the breather. I simply put a black low cut sock on the breather.

To answer you question directly, I would rather have the smell than the oil in the intercooler.

+1
    I guess the original (2004) system must have been better. I run Xcharger, custom tune, 4 inch intake and to this day, not one drop has ever shown up in my intake, SC or even the hose from the tops valve to the intake.

I see a lot of people do get oil in the intake, thats understandable and a catch can works great in those cases. No harm in getting one,

An oil catch can does more than take oil out of the intake stream. This is a clip of an article i found onliine:

There are various negative effects of not having a properly designed Catch Can installed and allowing excess oil vapor contaminates the intake system from the stock PCV system – such as:

• Throttle body and/or MAFS (Mass Air Flow Sensor) malfunction or failure.
    • Air filter, intercooler (if equipped) and intake ducting contamination if oil pools and run back out the intake system after engine shutdown.
    • Reduced octane of the air/fuel mixture, which can cause detonation and the ECM (Engine Control Module) to retard timing, thereby reducing engine power.
    • Excessive carbon build-up on valves, piston crowns, combustion chambers and spark plugs. This also increases the chance of detonation and power loss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information