2013 RXP 260 X Intercooler failed leaks water

I have a 2013 RXP 260 X with 31 hours and the factory intercooler leaks water. I was informed by a SeaDoo tech that SeaDoo would warranty these intercoolers because they had issues with leaking water. Is this warranty still in effect?

If not is there an instruction on how to replace the intercooler on the 2013 model RXP 260?

Go with Fizzle . Your warranty is expired even for the intercooler !

Fizzle F1000 OEM Intercooler Upgrade Kit

Increase performance and reliability with the Fizzle F1000 Intercooler OEM Replacement Kit. This intercooler kit features the high performance Fizzle...
    FF-SD-IC-0017 $599.00

Thanks for the reply jetplane. Have a good turkey day.

+1
    Yes the warranty has long expired. If you have a stock ski and you're just rec riding, I'd go back with OEM. Replacement should be easy, locate the IC, remove the two rubber straps, remove the two large hoses and the two small hoses, install new IC and reconnect all hoses.

Sea Doo Factory Replacement Intercooler for 255/260 HP Skis

Origional Sea Doo intercooler for all 255/260 HP Sea Doo Skis.
    276000415 $378.00

Sorry mate , I disagree with you .

Why going Oem since they are prone to fail .

You can have a fizzle for almost the same price or not a big difference with better performance and reliability .

With Fizzle you will be fine for a really long time , better if used in conjuction of a water strainer kit that prevent that any debris can destroy your intercooler .

Then Fizzle has got the same location with rubber straps and the same connection for the Oem hoses ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetplane View Post
    Sorry mate , I disagree with you .

Why going Oem since they are prone to fail .

You can have a fizzle for almost the same price or not a big difference with better performance and reliability .

With Fizzle you will be fine for a really long time , better if used in conjuction of a water strainer kit that prevent that any debris can destroy your intercooler .

Then Fizzle has got the same location with rubber straps and the same connection for the Oem hoses ...
    If you go with a Fizzle F1000 you may experience a lot of condensation getting into the air intake manifold... You may think its leaking as well but its not, just very efficient. I personally have to blow out the condensation before each ride and plenty of water comes out.. I think their XS or First generation may work and from my experience, very little condensation accumulates in it. Its also much more efficient then the OEM stock intercooler..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    If you go with a Fizzle F1000 you may experience a lot of condensation getting into the air intake manifold... You may think its leaking as well but its not, just very efficient. I personally have to blow out the condensation before each ride and plenty of water comes out.. I think their XS or First generation may work and from my experience, very little condensation accumulates in it. Its also much more efficient then the OEM stock intercooler..
    Don't blow out the condensation. Any good intercooler will condensate and it's excellent for performance. Research water injection. Snow Performance water injection systems.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 8kgold69 View Post
    I have a 2013 RXP 260 X with 31 hours and the factory intercooler leaks water. I was informed by a SeaDoo tech that SeaDoo would warranty these intercoolers because they had issues with leaking water. Is this warranty still in effect?

If not is there an instruction on how to replace the intercooler on the 2013 model RXP 260?

You yourself a favor and install a Fizzle intercooler. Stock intercoolers are very prone to failing.

My fizzle never condensate water due to using of blow off valve

Thread Information