+1

Riva gen 3 power cooler questions

Hello all....couple of questions about the new Riva power cooler....(I'm sure Jerry can answer them off the top of his head)!
    Does the kit come with the cooling upgrade kit? Is it necessary to run the new IC? (I would assume it is, but 1200 bucks is alot of cash...just want to make sure)!
    Also, this cooler mounts on the left side where the stock airbox originally sits...can the stock IC be removed once the new one is installed?
    Anyone running this IC? What kind of gains can be expected? I'm at 80 mph now with a Dean's tune and stock prop (was waiting to install IC before doing final prop tuning). Ski is a 2016 FXCSVHO, Dean's tune, limiter @ 8650, ribbon delete, freeflow exhaust, Jim's cut plate. 80 mph @ 8300 rpm before it heat soaks, 80 mph pass was at 65 degrees outside temp, about 65 degrees water temp.
    Thanks for any replies and advice! Jack

+1
    You have to remove the stock IC to install the riva IC.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post
    Hello all....couple of questions about the new Riva power cooler....(I'm sure Jerry can answer them off the top of his head)!
    Does the kit come with the cooling upgrade kit? Is it necessary to run the new IC? (I would assume it is, but 1200 bucks is alot of cash...just want to make sure)!
    Also, this cooler mounts on the left side where the stock airbox originally sits...can the stock IC be removed once the new one is installed?

Anyone running this IC? What kind of gains can be expected? I'm at 80 mph now with a Dean's tune and stock prop (was waiting to install IC before doing final prop tuning). Ski is a 2016 FXCSVHO, Dean's tune, limiter @ 8650, ribbon delete, freeflow exhaust, Jim's cut plate. 80 mph @ 8300 rpm before it heat soaks, 80 mph pass was at 65 degrees outside temp, about 65 degrees water temp.
    Thanks for any replies and advice! Jack
    Butterbean ....is there any reason that you have not considered a Fizzle? Seems you are more set to install a Riva intercooler, any reason why? Don`t get me wrong, they are BOTH great intercoolers from what I have read.

Take Care
    C J

+1
    With the Riva gen 3 I had to purchase the cooling kit upgrade separately.
    I have both the Fizzle and the Riva gen 3 intercoolers on my skis and they both perform great.
    The advantages the Riva has is the anode, flush port, secure mounting bracket and the easy installation of the intake manifold.

5. +1 by:

i have the riva gen 3 I/C, its a lot easier to install and to take back out it also has a solid mount. i think one performs as good as the other or at least very close. i do like the shorter air pipe going to the TB from the I/C on the fizzle. other than that flip a coin.

+1
    Is there any loss of performance with the Fizzle if you use the stock water line routing? Still deciding what to get....but I'm leaning toward the Fizzle.

Thread Information