Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 RXTX 300 High Altitude Impeller

I have a 2019 RXTX 300 and home lake is 8300'. Is there a high altitude option for an impeller out there? Or a high altitude super charger? I am turning 7000 rpm 60 mph WOT sport mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    I have a 2019 RXTX 300 and home lake is 8300'. Is there a high altitude option for an impeller out there? Or a high altitude super charger? I am turning 7000 rpm 60 mph WOT sport mode.
    How many hours on it?

3. +1 by:

I actually have two. They have around 22 hrs each and they run identical to each other. We went to 3000' and they both would turn about 7800 rpm and 71 mph until the limiter would kick in and drop it back to 68-69. They are both bone stock.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    How many hours on it?

I actually have two. They have around 22 hrs each and they run identical to each other. We went to 3000' and they both would turn about 7800 rpm and 71 mph until the limiter would kick in and drop it back to 68-69. They are both bone stock.
    Ah thought maybe was on the break in fun stopper if it was brand new.

Could send to Skat and describe scenario and tweak them for you

6. +1 by:

No, I was hoping that break in was it but no change. Tweaking the stock ones is an option, thanks. I would like to keep the stock impellers for when I go to lower altitudes. Also it seems that having a lower root pitch would be better than inducing cavitation by bending the trailing edge or "repitching".
    Ah thought maybe was on the break in fun stopper if it was brand new.

Could send to Skat and describe scenario and tweak them for you

8. +1 by:

No, I was hoping that break in was it but no change. Tweaking the stock ones is an option, thanks. I would like to keep the stock impellers for when I go to lower altitudes. Also it seems that having a lower root pitch would be better than inducing cavitation by bending the trailing edge or "repitching".
    Agreed, intake and f/a removal would help it breath too. But only real way to make it run as if it were at sea level is increase boost like you mentioned in first post

10. +1 by:

Im not sure how hard it is to replace the impeller on the supercharger but it would be nice if I could just increase some boost up here then go back to stock when I go to lower altitude. Kind of like a turbo waste gate. Otherwise just getting the right pitch for the jet impeller would suffice. I imagine I could get into the mid 60's with it tuned right. Does anyone know what the stock pitch is?
    Agreed, intake and f/a removal would help it breath too. But only real way to make it run as if it were at sea level is increase boost like you mentioned in first post

+1
    Good discussion here about high altitude, see post 16 for BRP high altitude impellers. Old thread but can be applied to your situation.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249243

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Good discussion here about high altitude, see post 16 for BRP high altitude impellers. Old thread but can be applied to your situation.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249243
    Thanks, I saw that one in the stickies. Good read. That chart would be useful but no info on the 300's.

+1
    Thanks, I saw that one in the stickies. Good read. That chart would be useful but no info on the 300's.
    My point was adjust your pitch According and or see what BRP has for your situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information