+1

19 psi Wheel VS 24 psi Wheel

19 psi wheel VS 24 psi wheel

To Anyone ...Which one would will produce more mid-range a 19 psi wheel or 24 psi wheel? Does the 24 psi wheel come on earlier, then a 19 psi wheel @ 8500 rpm?
    This is my setup now
    a 2018 fx svho 19 psi compressor wheel. 8700 limiter, 1000cc inj, fuel regulator at static 60 psi, Dean’s level 6 tune, 13/20, with a methanol Injection system

Thanks for any insight.
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 11-12-2019 at 05:43 PM.

The bigger the wheel the higher the pressure ratio in the charger and the more acceleration.Its not big difference between those two though maybe 200rpms and 2 psi more all the way through.

You better make sure your clutch is up to it , I installed a 19 on a Customers Ski . the clutch didnt last 30 hrs , and he rides fairly easy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dunnitagain View Post
    You better make sure your clutch is up to it , I installed a 19 on a Customers Ski . the clutch didnt last 30 hrs , and he rides fairly easy.
    Dunnitagian, Thank you for your concern about the clutch. Would you believe I have a little over 180 hours on the original clutch with a 19 psi wheel? Now granted I don`t have any heavy chop out on Jordan Lake but, I do like drag race it on the creeks against other skis. Small note; I welded the supercharger shaft to the gear and ground it down flat, so the oem shaft is hanging in there too.

To Anyone.....I am just looking for more mid-range and thought going to a 24 psi wheel would be the answer??? Do you have any thoughts on this? I am all ears if you do.

Take Care
    Cj
    Last edited by cjk6119; 11-14-2019 at 12:12 AM.

+1
    CJ....that's a great idea on the SC shaft! I would think that would be as bulletproof as an upgraded shaft. Next time my SC is out I think I will do that to mine. As for your injectors....running that RPM do you really need the bigger injectors? My limiter is set at 8650, and I'm running stock injectors on my 16 SVHO. Just a thought. I occasionally ride Jordan, maybe we can race sometime......

+1
    To Butterbean,
    With Deans level 6 tune, it is required that 1000cc injectors with also a static 60 psi fuel pressure and a fuel return setup be installed on the ski.
    Regards to the super charger shaft, I set the mig-welder to 90 amps. with argon and carbon dioxide gas to increase penetration. And as you see…. time tells all, no problems and maybe Mobil-1 0w40 full synthetic oil helps since 3 hours on the hour meter.
    If you ever do come up to visit, pm me ahead of time and I will get you and your family a free day pass into the Jordan Lake Park. If you need a campsite on the lake with water and electric that can be arranged too. On Jordan Lake we have a group of boaters and PWCs (Red Neck Yacht Club) called RNYC-Party Cove at Jordan Lake, NC on Facebook and we all get together on the lake on the weekends, good food, eats and cold drinks and also good people.
    Last edited by cjk6119; 11-14-2019 at 12:15 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    To Butterbean,
    With Deans level 6 tune, it is required that 1000cc injectors with also a static 60 psi fuel pressure and a fuel return setup.
    Regards to the super charger shaft, I set the mig-welder to 90 amps. with argon and carbon dioxide gas to increase penetration. And as you see…. time tells all, no problems and maybe Mobil-1 0w40 full synthetic oil helps since 3 hours on the hour meter.
    If you ever do come up to visit, pm me ahead of time and I will get you and your family a free day pass into the Jordan Lake Park. If you need a campsite on the lake with water and electric that can be arranged too. On Jordan Lake we have a group of boaters and PWCs (Red Neck Yacht Club) called RNYC-Party Cove at Jordan Lake, NC on Facebook and we all get together on the lake on the weekends, good food, eats and cold drinks and also good people.
    Sounds good! I'll do it!

+1
    You should invest in a better clutch. This will ensure you get get the most out of the parts your bolting on. My stock clutch could hold the 19 wheel but not after I put cams in the motor. The problem is you do not know what you are missing until it slips a lot. It impacts tuning too. I have a 23 wheel on another SC but have not run it in the water.

Robert

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    You should invest in a better clutch. This will ensure you get get the most out of the parts your bolting on. My stock clutch could hold the 19 wheel but not after I put cams in the motor. The problem is you do not know what you are missing until it slips a lot. It impacts tuning too. I have a 23 wheel on another SC but have not run it in the water.

Robert
    I was on the same lines of what you are suggesting, One was to take an OEM clutch and have it cryo treat at a metal treatment company. They do a lot of it for Nascar cars or 1,800 dollars Dean`s clutch. What did you do ?

C J

+1
    I bought a Deans clutch.

Robert

Thread Information