+1

Fishing Regs Sticker for my FX

Laugh all you want. Since I am not from there I made this sticker to help with my sizes and catch limits for Monroe county.
    It is designed to fit where the warning label is on the center storage box.
    I also made a ruler decal to apply to the gunwale for ease of measuring.
    Just thought I would share. Here is the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FishID_proof.pdf  

+1
    Like you, I like to stay on-top of the latest rules. Mostly, I got'em memorized before I go... but I often use "FishRules - fish without fear" App on my phone. It's not fancy - simply looks up the Regs, that's it! Free, and recommended by Florida Fish & Wildlife CC. The biggest pluses about the app is that it is very geo-aware of where you are - as Regs change a lot from the east to west coasts and even specific to some Counties.
    Also bring a back-up ruler, like a coiled nylon tape ruler that is more, well "official", as sometimes LEOs might site you on not having an actual legitimate ruler.
    US Coast Guard offers a good safety app - which allows you to file an Itinerary. No requirement to file one, but if your are out solo, or offshore - its never a bad idea. Seatow, tides, and windfinder are also in my arsenal of fish apps.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Like you, I like to stay on-top of the latest rules. Mostly, I got'em memorized before I go... but I often use "FishRules - fish without fear" App on my phone. It's not fancy - simply looks up the Regs, that's it! Free, and recommended by Florida Fish & Wildlife CC. The biggest pluses about the app is that it is very geo-aware of where you are - as Regs change a lot from the east to west coasts and even specific to some Counties.
    Also bring a back-up ruler, like a coiled nylon tape ruler that is more, well "official", as sometimes LEOs might site you on not having an actual legitimate ruler.
    US Coast Guard offers a good safety app - which allows you to file an Itinerary. No requirement to file one, but if your are out solo, or offshore - its never a bad idea. Seatow, tides, and windfinder are also in my arsenal of fish apps.
    I work at a print shop so its easy to do. I made a removable vinyl ruler decal and applied it to both sides of the ski in the foot wells. I cut the regs down to Monroe County and only the fish that I could possibly encounter that I would consider retaining. That was a first draft too the finished looked better. I saved the PDFs from FWC on my phone but I don't want to have to jumble around with looking it up when it can be in eyesight. Especially when handling a fish out of water. Better to be able to see it quick with a glance while fishing from the ski.

Thread Information