Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need help with 2002 polaris genesis i

hi everyone im needing some help i have a 2002 polaris genesis i that after 5-10mins it bogs down and will not run properly no codes come up on the display or anything else i have tested fuel pressure and its all fine tps seems to working ok no dead spots compression is good, coils are all fine from what i can tell. amy suggestions?

+1
    Have you tried testing the fuel pressure on the water as it’s acting up? Have you done the fuel pressure regulator reinforcement?

Yes i have checked when underload in water and when at idle no dramas with fuel pressure at all

+1
    Specifically, how are you testing? What pressure readings are you obtaining? What are you utilizing to measure the pressure? Have you reinforced the fuel pressure regulator?

Your symptoms are spot-on indicative of contaminated fuel plugging/restricting the intake screen of the fuel pump. See this thread for details.

I used I fuel pressure gauge and plumbed it into the line stays at 20psi even when playing up also plugged the return line and would stay at 30psi has new fuel and filter just tested ski again and when playing around with the tps just touching it would play up then stall and no has no spark.

+1
    Will a bad TPS cause a no spark condition? What does it do with the TPS unplugged?

It will not turn over without the tps plugged in it tells the computer how much fuel to inject

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beau1988 View Post
    It will not turn over without the tps plugged in
    it tells the computer how much fuel to inject
    Terminology check: Turn over usually means to crank the engine using the electric starter motor, the crankshaft is rotating. Basically the same as ‘cranking’ the engine.

Firing is when the engine is cranking (using the starter motor) and also has ignition and fuel delivery into the cylinders, and the cylinders are actually igniting/firing. Usually the very next thing to happen is the engine starts up and begins running.

When the TPS is unplugged, your engine is cranking normally but is not attempting to fire up, correct? No spark?

Many Polaris EMM will allow the Ficht engine to start and idle even when the TPS is unplugged, but some EMM will not.

I do not know how to predict which EMM will allow Ficht engine start and idle without the TPS, and which EMM require a working TPS to be connected.

+1
    With a "no spark" failure, I'd suggest you start by checking the 21/45 vdc supply for the correct voltage. This supply line is the white/red wire that connects to each injector and also appears in the 4-circuit diagnostic connector. You must keep all connectors connected when making this measurement. You cannot open a connector for easier access to connect a voltmeter probe. A small diameter probe that can slipped in from the rear of the connector, between the wire and a sealing boot, is the usual method. I utilize a stainless dental pick, but a paperclip should work in a pinch. I do not recommend piercing the wire insulation as this creates a point for moisture to enter the wire jacket and the potential for corrosion to damage/open the conductors.

While cranking (starter motor active, but engine not running yet) you should measure approximately 21 vdc. Once it is running, this voltage will increase to 45 vdc.

Report back with your measurements.

I'm gathering you're utilizing a translator. Where are you located?

I have checked voltages to injectors when cranking and when running all seems normal getting between 43-45 volts when running.
    i have also checked coils and plugs when cranking there is no spark when trying to fire but after been left for the day it will fire fine with no issue.

i am from Queensland Australia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information