Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenozzy View Post
    i just replace my this summer. none of it was left and i could not find any of it in the exhaust. I see blocking the exhaust as the only issue am i missing something?

Mine lasted somewhere between the 50hr service and the 75hr service.

It was jammed in the muffler even tho the ski was still running.
    Had to use one of those small flexible cameras to see it stuck in the muffler baffles.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenozzy View Post
    I see blocking the exhaust as the only issue am i missing something?
    ------------------------------
    Here's a couple of older Threads for your reading pleasure:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=223442

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2432297

It seems the early design filters were coming apart in a rather short amount of "run time". In the 1st thread - that guy was getting 10 hours out of them. Possibly the Re-Design by Kawasaki Engineering to the newer designed filter (hole in the center) promoted "some" better longevity.

I fail to agree that after-ride care had anything to do with the longevity associated with the 1st designed filters (no hole in the center of the filter).

What was happening was the filter would come apart, and if it managed to pass through the waterbox - it would "slice" the rubber exhaust hose while trying to exit the exhaust system - thus "choking" the engine from a smoke-filled engine bay OR "swamping" the engine bay with water - whichever came first.

Good Luck !!!

I'll chastise myself if this is a stupid question, so no one needs to pile on Is this "exhaust filter" present on a 2018 Ultra LX? Just asking as I do not see it in the "Periodic Maintenance" section of the Owner's Manual. Thank you!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozman01 View Post
    I'll chastise myself if this is a stupid question, so no one needs to pile on Is this "exhaust filter" present on a 2018 Ultra LX? Just asking as I do not see it in the "Periodic Maintenance" section of the Owner's Manual. Thank you!
    No, the Ultra LXs don't have them.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    ------------------------------
    Here's a couple of older Threads for your reading pleasure:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=223442

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2432297

It seems the early design filters were coming apart in a rather short amount of "run time". In the 1st thread - that guy was getting 10 hours out of them. Possibly the Re-Design by Kawasaki Engineering to the newer designed filter (hole in the center) promoted "some" better longevity.

I fail to agree that after-ride care had anything to do with the longevity associated with the 1st designed filters (no hole in the center of the filter).

What was happening was the filter would come apart, and if it managed to pass through the waterbox - it would "slice" the rubber exhaust hose while trying to exit the exhaust system - thus "choking" the engine from a smoke-filled engine bay OR "swamping" the engine bay with water - whichever came first.

Good Luck !!!
    I and many others on here still got well past 100hrs on the early design..... the filter life is 100% related to post ride care..... and I never ride fresh water.... that stuff is only used to flush toilets

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    I and many others on here still got well past 100hrs on the early design..... the filter life is 100% related to post ride care..... and I never ride fresh water.... that stuff is only used to flush toilets
    ---------------------------------
    There can only be one reason for this. You guys from the "Land Down Under" are upside down !!!

Even the fresh water in your toilet bowls does not rotate work in the proper manner - Scientific Proof Here:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-finally-sett/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information